Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Call recorder

(Topic created on: 27/03/19 00:52)
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls. 

I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.

It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.

Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.

For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.

Samsung what have you done ?

648 REPLIES 648
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung pay is working i have option add card but not trying yet 

0 Likes
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I trying add card but language thailand on Samsung pay LOL 

0 Likes
refaat81
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Grzegorz79 wrote:

I trying add card but language thailand on Samsung pay LOL 

This means that it is not going to work in your country. Right?

0 Likes
refaat81
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Any body tried working third party applications on the new android 10 or 9 samsung phones? This way we don't need to use the thai sim trick and all samsung pay, members, ... etc will work

0 Likes
nayton
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Work. Very good
0 Likes
sunkha
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Following this.
0 Likes
Crock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Ryan23 wrote:

The only thing anyone can do that want to use this feature is not buy a Samsung device and get rid of there old ones as Samsung is set to role out updates to all models and block previous models.

I've got an S8 and just got the message to update to Pie - not going to because I use ACR and it works now.

I read it's a google play policy stopping recording and there's a possibility of downloading ACR from 3rd party source (ACR direct?) which might get around the regs and be able to record...

0 Likes
Celone
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey Crock. 

Downloading ACR from another source won't help to bring back the recording functionality. As far as I know you can download ACR from the Samsung store - this modified app allows phonebook access (which Google play also prohibited for call recording apps). 

@Ryan: you mentioned that you may have a lead on a workaround. How did that turn out? 

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi guys 

Thank you for the continued support, unfortunately in every group I’m in there is no way round it other than to jail break or root, the phone. It’s quite complicated and on one occasion I tried it did not work.

Will keep people posted if anything comes up, but at the moment it’s Google and all phones.

0 Likes
tomesiek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

There is a way... complicated and whithout rooting your phone. Need to change countruy product code (CSC) for a coutry that record calls is legall...

0 Likes
Rapturoso
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@tomesiek wrote:

There is a way... complicated and whithout rooting your phone. Need to change countruy product code (CSC) for a coutry that record calls is legall...

If were that easy we would all have done it by now. We are in countries where call recording is totally legal for personal and business purposes.

I'm in the UK with a UK CSC Galaxy S9+. Also call recording is totally legal in the UK for business and personal use with legislative protections set out in RIPA and related legislation, yet what we come up against time and time again is a blanket coverage for all different countries on mainland Europe on the S8, S9 and S10 devices regardless of jurisdiction.

Forgive me if I am sounding harsh, but your suggestion is ridiculous. Please read the entire thread where this issue has been done to death numerous times. It can't possibly ever be overlooked by anyone that actually bothers to read about the issue properly. Please do your homework even if it is just reading this one thread. You'll save yourself the trouble of looking foolish because you couldn't be bothered to do your research on one measly thread by just reading it.

0 Likes
tomesiek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

20190326_090107.jpg20190326_090142.jpg

no root, some help from XDA friends and....

saturn3000
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@tomesiek wrote:

20190326_090107.jpg20190326_090142.jpg

no root, some help from XDA friends and....

Hi, please can you send me a pm with the xda link or the instructions?

0 Likes
Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Please don't take  offence to this but I've stated this before. Pictures are of no value unless you put phone type, carrier and version. Thanks

0 Likes
Siewert308SW
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

No offence...

XDA tells me @tomesiek amened his CSC file.

No way you can do that without root...

Otherwise please proof 😉

On the otherhand i hate the Samsung statement as it's just full of lies.

Call recording here (Netherlands) is not forbidden by any law.

So their statement by just saying it's disabled as it's forbidden isn't true.

Just the easy way for Samsung and disable it world wide so we don't have to think about it.

But those countries who sue them are getting treated...

0 Likes
Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I stated in an earlier post that USA this year the government popped that law into our lives. I was told by Killer Mobile who developed Total Recall which was very effective some months ago that this was going to happen. Actually it was the end of last year when he advised me about it. I have it on my S7 and it is still effective. So as you said, I also commented the same thing. All Andriod phone just went world wide with not allowing it. But, it's not Samsung, it's Google who owns Andriod. There was an app for iPhone's as well, but the next update is going to render it useless. 

I agree with your other statement, the screenshot of the the app showing it's allowed is BS. It's a rooted phone or a photo shopped picture. IMHO 

0 Likes
tomesiek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

OK.....

for all you NOT belivers :smiling-face: tell you this... you need Odin, combination file for G965F some reading on XDA and ROM with proper CSC.
I used INS.

I found list of ROMs with call recording avaible

(automatic) call recording is available only for these regions:
BNG
CAM
EGY
ILO israel
LAO
MYM
NPL
SLK
THL
TUN
XXV vietnam
single\BTC
single\LYS
single\TMC
single\WTL....
My phone is not rooted, was bought as simfree from Samsung store in UK ..... more (photoshoped :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:) pictures....

PS

Hopefully Samsung won't ban me from this forum for this :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20190327-150937.jpgScreenshot_20190327-150934.jpgScreenshot_20190327-150940.jpg

Thanks all XDA peoples - they are the BEST :raised-hand-with-part-between-middle-and-ring-fingers:

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So everyone who buy unlock phone can install this different csc ? I'm also buy from Samsung UK online shop but I dont know how so this 

0 Likes
Taiji2078
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I do not really understand. You need to root your phone ? I'm using some banking apps and I do not wish to root it. E-banking is more important than call recording.

For now, I'm carrying along my old S7 Edge for calls. With that one I can record everything directly from the phone menu. I will never update that one, even if it receives the best shiny update ever, personally from Mr. Sang-Hoon Lee (Samsung bigshot boss) :))))
0 Likes
tomesiek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
No You don't need root your phone to change CSC. There is a way to change CSC using a combination file (Combination file is a service firmware file) more here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/guide-how-to-change-s9-s9-csc-model-csc-t3870...
Rrrr
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

If  is right about recording features, it is a completely legal way to change the firmware on your phone. It will not affect your warranty and it does not require rooting.

This is how Samsung meant people to install alternative firmware and get languages or functions they would otherwise not have. Any phone shop can help you to do it. I have done this many times on previous devices when I moved countries. Download from sammobile: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s9-plus/SM-G965F/

Just check in advance which languages the firmware supports (although each firmware supports tons of languages). I have ILO which has all USA/European ones, but also tons of others (Russion, Arabic versions, etc). Very little risk to try. ILO firmware also supports VoLTE calls, which is nice if your provider supports it.

One note: you will loose all data on the device, so ensure all data is in the cloud. Read carefully upon first boot, the fimrware will probably ask you if it should install the software belonging to your SIM region. Dont confirm this, otherwise you may again be on the same firmware as you have now.

0 Likes