Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android pie beta program

(Topic created on: 22-09-2018 09:40 AM)
Sasperello2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
Jelldawg
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
No one has it by official means or we would have had people saying something in here. Nothing to do with locked or unlocked devices, just Samsung being slow to roll out a beta... Don't be surprised.
0 Likes
Clinteastman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.

0 Likes
Abiodun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Clinteastman wrote:

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.


Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 

0 Likes
Clinteastman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.


Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 


No, it's not as Google haven't added the rom to there list yet. As the beta rolls on that will change.
I'm still getting updates via Play.

0 Likes
Abiodun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Clinteastman wrote:

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.


Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 


No, it's not as Google haven't added the rom to there list yet. As the beta rolls on that will change.
I'm still getting updates via Play.


i wonder what is blocking my Google Pay then? Any ideas? Have you actually made a purchase or just opened the app? I can open it and access it, just cant make a payment or add a contactless card.

0 Likes
tangram12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

 

How do you register the phone on the beta program  if you have used the update.zip to get the beta

0 Likes
Clinteastman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.


Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 


No, it's not as Google haven't added the rom to there list yet. As the beta rolls on that will change.
I'm still getting updates via Play.


i wonder what is blocking my Google Pay then? Any ideas? Have you actually made a purchase or just opened the app? I can open it and access it, just cant make a payment or add a contactless card.


I don't use Google Pay. As far as I know Pay doesn't work on this rom no matter how you installed it.

0 Likes
Clinteastman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@tangram12 wrote:

 

How do you register the phone on the beta program  if you have used the update.zip to get the beta


I guess the same way as everyone else, wait for it to go live and do it via Samsung Members > Notices.

0 Likes
tangram12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Not worth doing then. Will just wait and get OTA.
0 Likes
dnmrt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

From what I have read you cannot register after flashing, you will have to manually flash all further updates.

EDIT: Source - A lot of posts in the Galaxy S9 subreddit.


@Clinteastman wrote:

@tangram12 wrote:

 

How do you register the phone on the beta program  if you have used the update.zip to get the beta


I guess the same way as everyone else, wait for it to go live and do it via Samsung Members > Notices.


 

0 Likes