Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android pie beta program

(Topic created on: 28-11-2018 02:59 PM)
Sasperello2
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
SeanEJames9
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered but why isn't carrier's like Vodafone allowing the beta test update and why do I have to change the CSC to access the update and lastly does that affect my warranty?
Sorry for the newbie questions...
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You won't lose the beta by factory resetting, you will lose your data/files

 

Boot to recovery with Volume Up & Bixby & Power from a powered off state, choose factory reset from the options using volume keys to move up and down, and power key to select the option

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@SeanEJames9 wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered but why isn't carrier's like Vodafone allowing the beta test update and why do I have to change the CSC to access the update and lastly does that affect my warranty?
Sorry for the newbie questions...

1. They don't want to deal with the influx of whiny losers that complain when their phone doesn't work the way it should, or this/that doesn't work properly.

2. You just have to.

3. No, it doesn't.

Umbrokhan
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Will we get the final release without factory reset or deleting the beta?

So beta updates to final release in January?

0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yep most likely but you will definitely be wanting to reset going from beta to final anyway to get rid of any bugs

 

Any major OS upgrade should be reset, junk files left behind cause problems that only a reset can fix

0 Likes
joellyshelly25
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Anyone else got an issue with mobile data not working? I can make calls and texts but cant use data. I've sent feedback but was wondering if anyone knows a fix or smth

0 Likes
Fridgeman
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@joellyshelly25 wrote:

Anyone else got an issue with mobile data not working? I can make calls and texts but cant use data. I've sent feedback but was wondering if anyone knows a fix or smth


You need to re enter your APN settings 

0 Likes
Abiodun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So UK official beta is on RKL and flashed beta RKA...does this require the device to be flashed back to 8.0 and if yes how?

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Abiodun wrote:

So UK official beta is on RKL and flashed beta RKA...does this require the device to be flashed back to 8.0 and if yes how?


Yes. Use odin

Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

After Factory wipe from recovery Both data and  cache everything is working very Good and fast,quick backup all my setings from samsung Cloud 5 minutes Job,easy

-----------------------------------------------------------‐----------------------------------SAMSUNG S21 SM-G991B/DS
Samsung One UI 3.1 / Android 11 CSC-BTU
0 Likes