Support

Open search

One UI - Keyboard Space below

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I really like the new update and everything seems really nice and sleek, however, the one thing that bothers me is the space below the keyboard when you're on full screen mode. Before the update, it wasn't like that at all, now, however, it seems like it's a wasted space below.

Before buying the Samsung Galaxy S9, what I disliked about the iPhone X was the space below its keyboard. Now that the new One UI has it too, it's a bit disappointing to have wasted space down below. Thankfully that space only appears on the keyboard though.

Was this overlooked or is it possible to adjust the keyboard to full screen mode?

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Explorer

Why is this not solved yet???

Highlighted
Apprentice
I hate the gap too, pls fix it asap...thanks
Highlighted

20190402_212223.jpg

but it can be much lower in S10

@JL00 wrote:

20190402_212223.jpg

but it can be much lower in S10

I found a solution , you can actually resize the keyboard a little bit lower. Press the 3 dots, tap on modes, change keyboard size and you can adjust it lower Screenshot_20190402-231504_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted

unfortunately, it's not working on S9

Highlighted

This is sooo bad from Samsung. Why on earth can Google Keyboard work with One UI (no navbar) but not their own keyboard? 

Highlighted

Its work . Thanks bro ...❤

Highlighted

Go to the Keyboard settings (Or tap on the gear icon)

Than tap on Keyboard Layout and Feedback

go Size and Tranparency

You should be able to chage the layout there.

Highlighted

@rainbowcatjr wrote:

Go to the Keyboard settings (Or tap on the gear icon)

Than tap on Keyboard Layout and Feedback

go Size and Tranparency

You should be able to chage the layout there.

Great solution! Both the size and position of the keyboard can be adjusted here. The space (grey bar) below my keyboard is gone now. Thanks!

Highlighted

Screenshot_20190822-234854_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Unable to go any lower on S9. Google Gboard and Swiftkey go all the way to the bottom of screen. To the very last pixel row haha

Top Liked Authors