Support

Open search

Android pie beta program

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279

Your device will still say it is uncertified in the Google Play Store settings. This is normal. All this fix does is white-list your uncertified device so you can still use Google apps and services.

1. Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. There’s a simple app on the Play Store called ‘Device ID‘, but since you obviously can’t access the Play Store I have mirrored the application here.
  2. Open the app and copy the code in the second line called “Google Service Framework (GSF).”
  3. Go to this webpage.
  4. Enter your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box.
  5. After you tap “Register”, your registered ID should appear on the page.
Highlighted
It is official way, no problems this way, your the third moderator to say this misleading information, custom firmware & custom rom will trigger Knox as that is taking root control, doing an update via the stock recovery & flashing with a stock new beta firmware will not trip anything sorry you are wrong
Highlighted

@Lukeseri wrote:

That's absolutely SICKENING.

What is? 

Highlighted

I installed the beta. Everything works, status is official, knox is 0x0 and not tripped because no unauthorised changes have been made to the system partition. Samsung pay works, shealth and so on. 

Highlighted

@Amonicus wrote:

I installed the beta. Everything works, status is official, knox is 0x0 and not tripped because no unauthorised changes have been made to the system partition. Samsung pay works, shealth and so on. 

I have read a lot of good reviews on the S9 subreddit, I am tempted to flash if the official release takes much longer but I would rather wait and be able to get OTA beta updates.

Highlighted

So does anyone in The UK actually have the UI through the beta?

Highlighted

NO 

Highlighted

@SupremeSixth wrote:

So does anyone in The UK actually have the UI through the beta?

NO

Highlighted

Well it was late in germany to so I guess we will just have to wait

Highlighted

After reading all these comments I am so sorry for the moderators that they have to deal with a bunch of kids crying like little girls or threatening Samsung that they won't buy their phone again. So silly. 20th was the expected date, not promised. 

Beta Program isn't something you are promised to get when you buy a phone, this is a good will from the manufacturer  and a part of good realtionship with the clients. 

Will your life guys will be worse if you get this beta few days later than expected? Is your phone worse because of that? No. 

Propably there is an issue with the software or maybe a server so stop crying and just wait or install it from the zip at your own risk. You'll get OTA when it will be ready, EOT. I'm an owner of Note 9, will not get beta at all and I'm not having sleepless nights because of that.

Behave like adults.

Top Liked Authors