Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uv glue has wrecked my phone?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Tirea
Journeyman
Options
I recently upgraded to an S24 ultra, a few days after I went to a shop that does uv glass screen protectors, he applied this for me which is fine, didn't think anything off it and went home as he had done my previous S22 and had no issue. Few days later, I was testing the speaker as I was having trouble with it being very quiet, I had gone into the retailer a few days before and told them it was quiet and he said to play around with settings, I did a diagnostic test and found that the uv glue had seeped into my S-Pen hole and wrecked it, it looks like it's been in paint stripper, it's all bubbly. I also noticed the uv glue has gotten into my top speaker, I have tried to remove this with a soft toothbrush but didn't work, also very carefully with a sewing needle, still nothing. Would the samsung store be able to sort this for me? I have also activated samsung care +
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Doubt you would be covered even under the Care +.
As its third party damage.
They may help.
Depends how far the glue has got in, but could end up being expensive.
Really the retailer needs to pay for the cost of repair. As it down to their poor workmanship.
Normally with these kits you get stickers to cover things like the charging port and speakers. Alcohol wipes to clean off spillages etc
I've installed a few myself and know how messy it can be if your not careful and patient
For it to get into the S Pen port, it sounds like too much glue was used
But you'd have to get a repairers report as without seeing it I can only go on your description
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The person who fitted this should have fitted protective stickers over all the ports and mics and speakers @Tirea 

If the agent notices this has been caused by accident then they may decline support. 

Of they do then go back to the shop who did the work and ask for support. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Tirea
Journeyman
Options
I haven't really come across this issue before so unsure how to go about it, So I should go to the shop that applied the screen protector? What would I even say to them? I do still have the receipt from them as some sort of evidence it was them who did it
Tirea
Journeyman
Options
To be honest I didn't even see him apply any stickers, he just said he has done this multiple times and knew what he was doing
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just go back and say you messed up my phone and show them it

Tirea
Journeyman
Options
Just an update, I didn't bother going back to the shop that applied the tempered glass protector, I posted on a local page and others had said they're awful and don't offer any support, they have done this multiple times before, I was unaware of this. I went straight to samsung store instead, this is going to cost a lot to repair but I'm lucky I have some savings put aside.
0 Likes