Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24u display delamination and dimmer than my s23u indoors

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 01:57 PM)
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
I got the s24u and because in the past I returned 2 s23u because of screen delamination, straight from the box I checked the bottom of the phone to see if there is any delamination. 
There is to both bottom corners slight creases, whats Samsungs excuse now as the screen isn't curved anymore. 
I put side by side my s23u and s24u ,adaptive brightness off,extra brightness on and my s23u is much brighter, also the white looks "whiter".
With adaptive brightness on amd the s24u is way dimmer than s23u.
The colours are a touch dull but not by much ,however, the s24u has a big contrast than s23u,especially outdoors 

11 REPLIES 11
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I think the dullness will get sorted however the delamination every single s23 ultra I have seen had it, at first it really annoyed me but now I never see it. My advice is just try to ignore it. Hopefully the vividness will get sorted, however that my be a trade off for the anti screen glare
0 Likes
Narender_Che
Student
Options
Even I have checked both the displays side by side in indoors. I observed that S23U colours are much brighter and looks more attractive. S24U looks dull when both kept side to side.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Whats to delaminate on the phone? Screen delamination? It's gorilla glass? Am I missing something?
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
No, the oled panel is very flexible (check some YouTube videos when the oled is replaced, looks like tin foil) and it is vacuum sealed to the glass itself, actually there are few layers (digitizer, etc) stucked together. If isn't done perfectly, you get "so called " delamination, creases or bubble between the glass and oled panel.
In a very bright light(indoors or sun) between displays edge and the black bezel you'll see a shiny hair line when you look in certain angle, that line should be straight
0 Likes
Catt78
Pathfinder
Options
On previous s23u I had a bubble in on corner and some creases to the other one, the 3rd replacement was perfect
On s24u ,the creases are minimal ,funny thing is that are again to the bottom of the phone,perhaps a manufacturer procedure.
I had a pixel 8 pro and was perfect, plus was way brighter than my s23u
0 Likes
georgieboy
Pioneer
Options
Well I ordered my s24 ultra on the 16th ..I've now no idea when it will come was meant to be 25th but email received saying delayed no idea of delivery date . Free watch has a delivery of 8th February . Reading all the comments on colours is making me think to cancel the order. Surley Samsung could at least acknowledge this issue and reassure people.
0 Likes
georgieboy
Pioneer
Options
Update now saying 8th Feb for the phone that's not great
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks, I learnt something new today, I never thought to look
Matthaus
Pioneer
Options
I don't think that it's dimmer, it is less saturated. Samsung phones have always been over the top and bright and I think it's cooler temp and more realistic looking. Your eyes have been baked by over saturated colours. I think it's a lot easier to look at.