Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC payment is faulty since day 1

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Ben0294
First Poster
Options
I've had my S24 Plus since launch day. And the NFC payment function is very temperamental, there will be times it works and times it doesn't. Leading me to embarrassing situations in the supermarket, or in a bar. But also leading me to not being allowed on the bus to work.

I thought eventually a software update may fix this issue but it's months later and the problem persists. Does anyone else have this issue? And is there anyway to get this fixed without having to send my phone back and being left without a phone for ages?

Many thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there and welcome to the Forum.

I have the S24 Ultra and not having any issues with Google Wallet.

Are you using Google Wallet or Samsung?
Ben0294
First Poster
Options
Google Wallet. Seems like it's more an issue with my device instead
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Do you have a case on and which one? Did you try without the case if one is on

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can appreciate how frustrating this must feel especially when it's become the norm to use this payment type. 

Ben, can you try these troubleshooting step if you haven't already. 

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

There is also a diagnostic test tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

If these fail to help and a last resort of a back up and factory reset does not help then please send feedback via your Samsung Members App. 

Google Wallet works seamlessly on my phone. 

Hopefully this isn't an app that's causing the issue which can be detected via using Safe Mode. 

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. Alternatively long press the power off button and then ling hold on Turn Off to get to Safe Mode. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same I use daily here and abroad but use Google wallet
0 Likes