Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Email is constantly "Synching emails..."

(Topic created on: a week ago)
Mysteryman
Journeyman
Options

I have just moved from an S10 to an S24 and used the Samsung Smart Switch app to do this.

Since the move, which took place last Friday, I have a message on the notification screen from the Email app saying "Synching emails..."

The Inbox is not that big and certainly up-to-date . Other folders (Sent, Recycle) have 1300 and 2600 message respectively and may take a while to syncronise, but would expect it to have achieved this by now.

Is there any way to see what this is up to and, even better, get rid of the notification?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's happening with every device and is nothing to worry about, you can just swipe away the notications until you restart you phone. It's only a notification.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Mippe
Apprentice
Options

Don't know if it solves the ground problem but have a look at this where you see how you can activate/deactivate different types of notifications for each app 

https://youtu.be/316J_9vp8mE?si=ZwRh59Nys3JUiVv_

but more cosmetic 🙂

0 Likes
Mysteryman
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, that is useful but, as you say, doesn't solve teh issue of why it is saying it is syncing all the time!

0 Likes
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's happening with every device and is nothing to worry about, you can just swipe away the notications until you restart you phone. It's only a notification.
Mysteryman
Journeyman
Options

Ah, OK, thanks - that's good to know. Just a bit odd that it wasn't doing it on S10 (maybe because that was on a different version of Android)

0 Likes