Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Swipe down problem on home screen

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 11:08 AM)
Gill74
Journeyman
Options
Hi. 

For some reason when I swipe down on the home screen from the top using just one finger the quick panel shows full screen instead of showing notifications. I then need to swipe up once to show the notifications. I don't know why this is happening. Is it a bug? It worked okay when I bought the phone so I don't know why it's like this.

Is there a setting somewhere in the software that I've missed? I've tried searching online but can't find anything.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated as it's really bugging me.

Thanks, Gill

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You haven't used quickstar in the good lock app to change anything have you? You could try to wipe phones cache partition. Also don't reset phone yet. It may be a software bug that may be fixed in the next update. You can also report an error within the members app by going to support at the bottom, send error. Let the developers aware of your issue.

View solution in context

Solution
Gill74
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much Fiona26.

It was quick panel in good lock that was making the control panel act that way. Phew I can breathe now and thank goodness I don't need to factory reset.

You have been a star Fiona26, thank you so much once again for helping me.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you only use one finger it will bring the notifications, but if you use 2 and drag from the top it will bring the full control panel down. So make sure to use just the one finger. It seems to be working the way it should on mine. Could give the phone a restart, see if that fixes. Also in settings > home screen, there is a setting in there that allows you to swipe down anywhere on the homescreen.SmartSelect_20230307_113500_One UI Home_1000000537_1678188900.jpg
Gill74
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm only using one finger but it still brings the whole control panel down. The setting you mentioned is on and I've tried restarting my phone, resetting all settings but nothing makes it right. I'm going to factory reset to see if that solves it but that's something I really don't want to do.

I can swipe down from the lower half of the screen and the full control panel shows.

I wish I knew if it was something I did to make the phone act that way then I could make it right again.

Thank you again.Screenshot_20230307_120134_One UI Home_1000004333_1678190563.jpg
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You haven't used quickstar in the good lock app to change anything have you? You could try to wipe phones cache partition. Also don't reset phone yet. It may be a software bug that may be fixed in the next update. You can also report an error within the members app by going to support at the bottom, send error. Let the developers aware of your issue.
Solution
Gill74
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much Fiona26.

It was quick panel in good lock that was making the control panel act that way. Phew I can breathe now and thank goodness I don't need to factory reset.

You have been a star Fiona26, thank you so much once again for helping me.