Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung is incapable of efficient scheduling of patches for GalaxyS23 Ultra June update, are we going to ever receive it?

(Topic created on: 20-06-2023 08:00 AM)
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

I am in European Union and i am super disappointed by samsung because they are incapable or making an effective scheduled release so everyone can have it fast and in time. How long Samsung intends to slack off and are we getting the June patch in June? or we are getting in in an unknown distant future? Samsung, will you stop slacking off and coming with inadequate excuses justifying job not done and actually do your job? You are such a disappointment!

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
26 REPLIES 26
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Personally I'd rather wait till bugs and issues are ironed out before getting a software update.
Apparently a bug was found that needs fixing.
Any critical security updates pushed out by Google would still be sent. But clearly that's not the case in this update.

Just for reference, the Google Pixel 7 series are just getting updates now.
So not even Google update all their phones early.

I'm happy to wait to keep my experience good. I don't want buggy software pushed out for the sake of it.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Agreed. Late patch is nothing compared to a buggy patch.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a huge update too, why are people so impatient? I as Glen and tourbillon said I too would rather settle for a safe and bugless patch and update over any schedule.

Maybe so would preferred their phones bricked or crashing over a working update

Then they would be on here moaning

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Every month we get this bleating about updates. You can still use your phone so I fail to see the issue. We know this will be a major update and we know Samsung rely on Google for security updates so have some patience. If it were rushed it could be buggy then Samsung would get moans so they can't really win.
Last time I looked we are still in June!
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Exactly this! The entitlement I've seen over time is unreal and comes from people who have absolutely no clue about the inner workings. They seem to live in this rainbow world where everything is perfect. What really annoys me is that these posts push down other people's who genuinely need a bit of help.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Well if your waiting for the camera fix then that is coming third week of July, the June update is the security patch and that has just started rolling out for the S23 series in the US then Europe is next.
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
It's been confirmed that the June update is not just a security patch but also contains camera improvements including the 2x portrait mode. It's over 2gb in size.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You are right. It's like being in a car with kids saying "Are we nearly there?"
The updates will come out when ready, please, people just stop asking!