Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra under performing

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 06:43 AM)
blueprintjonny
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I recently bought the S23 Ultra and I always like to benchmark my new phones to see how they compare to my previous phones. I saw Antutu score of 1200000 and above and thought wow! I benched mine and its coming in at half of that at 600000! Mine is the 512gb 12gb version and the Bench that had over 1200000 was the same model. Anyone know why mine has come in so poorly and what I can do to fix this?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Benchmark software does not play well with Samsung software
As such benchmark software does not give the accurate results.
So many companies stopped supporting Samsung software. Antutu being one of them

Benchmark results are not very accurate anyway and should be taken as a guide only
The tests vary and can be affected by installed apps etc
blueprintjonny
Apprentice
Options
That still doesn't answer why there are results for the same phone as mine at more than double what mine is. If it didn't play well with Samsung software surely the result on that benchmark would have been equally as low?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @blueprintjonny 

Personally I take benchmark results with a pinch of salt as these don't really give a true reflection of everyday use and on how the phone performs out in the wild.

So I don't run them.

However I do appreciate your viewpoint on this.

Maybe something is hindering the result.

Perhaps Google Search or look on any relevant sites to see if this maybe the case.

Try another benchmark option  !

Do let us know how you get on please. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's probably an app or setting that affecting the result you are getting.
I doubt that there is anything wrong with the performance of your phone.
If you want, you can wipe the Partition Cashe on the phone. Sometimes fixes any issues and performance.
But I really wouldn't concern yourself with the benchmark result. It won't be showing you the true performance reading of the phone anyway
blueprintjonny
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for you reply. I know it shouldn't bug me as much as it is! I guess I'll just forget about it! I might have another tinker with it and see if something is affecting the result!
Hal900000000
Student
Options
Im assuming you've toggled performance mode. Turned on aeroplane mode with WiFi so nothing is going on in the background? And to be honest. Most benchmarking software isn't playing nicely with Samsung phones as they are always cheating . And tbf I wouldn't be worried about benchmarking. The s23 ultra is an absolutetely rocket.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Benchmarks are only ever useful if nothing else is running on the phone and you have a true like for like comparison. The only realistic way to do this would be via an external device or webtool etc and validate results from more than one source, so you could compare for example internet speed, ram and processor speed etc. The problem with trying to do it with an app on the device itself is you have no idea how much impact the app itself is having on performance and if there are any conflicts etc and it's very difficult to ensure both devices being compared are set up exactly the same. I tend to look at actual real world performance while using the phone such as how quick pages, images or videos load, how strong and how it maintains a network signal, how fast it saves and opens files etc.

I think from my use of the S23U compared with previous models, it is the fastest and most feature packed phone on the market and I do more on this phone compared to others. That doesn't mean it is without its issues but mostly performance can be impacted with mischievous apps and services running in the back ground that can usually be fixed via settings or the odd software glitches that get fixed via updates. I hope this helps
blueprintjonny
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou very much for the detailed reply. That answers a lot. I am more than happy with the phone, its lightning fast, it was more a query really and now I feel I'm satisfied with the answer you guys have all given me in the comments 😊