Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra System east up 58GBs!!

(Topic created on: 07-02-2023 09:00 PM)
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Just noticed on my S23 Ultra, that System is eating up over 58GBs of storage!! I really hope this is a bug and not "expected behavior" because it's completely nonsense! Yes, I do have the 512GB variant but still, this is not normal! More and more users started to notice this.

Samsung, what is this? What on earth are you doing with 58GBs for the system files??

9 REPLIES 9
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The 1TB takes 92GB. This is actually normal and larger storage models always use more. My S21 512GB uses 93GB of system...
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
The larger the size the more space is taken for system files, which includes the fat. Usually a 1tb drive loses about 90gb+ space when formatted and it will be probably similar in phones
steve0
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sammobile doesn't make it right, it just writer opinions. Alot of the time I think those opinions are pathetic and ridiculous but but that's my opinions
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

I think they are saying it been picked up by a number of users

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is nothing to pick up, storage is used for the OS/apps/etc its not news
0 Likes
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Well, this is not normal. The firmware is full with bloatware from all EU countries which get installed based on where you activate the phone. I don't mind those 58GBs, as I have plenty left, but seriously, this is a good example of poor coding from Samsung.

0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

apparently not

0 Likes
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
If not already done, then someone could unpack and examine the firmware to see what is actually included.
0 Likes