Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC option

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 05:15 PM)
Ivess3
Apprentice
Options

I need this option on my NFC settings (turn on reqyure device unlock for nfc)so that when I use google pay need to unlock the phone. Samsung pay is of no use as does not support banks i use. Any ideas

Ivess3_0-1675963127351.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is the NFC option available in the pull down menu ?? As I have a s21 I'm assuming that it is available with the s23.
Just it's easy to enable or disable very easy and quick.
Depending on when you last used NFC.
0 Likes
Ivess3
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Yes had 21 before and option had been removed then. I think I have no option but to switch off and on everytime I want to use google wallet. Pain really as samsung pay and apple pay you have to unlock the phone before use

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Does the option to pay with currently open app work only when the Google Wallet app is open and the phone unlocked??
Mine was turned off. So maybe if that is enabled it might not work until the Wallet app is opened. Screenshot_20230209_173708_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
Try samsung curve it's free and allows any bank card to be used
0 Likes
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
I have the s21 ultra and the option is still there under details then contact less paymentsScreenshot_20230209_201827_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230209_201822_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
If you don't mind providing a bit of context perhaps that would help someone help you. What is it you would like to achieve? I'm asking because it may provide better context of what it is you wish to do so we better understand how to help if possible.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
You could disable nfc then use samsung/bixby routines to enable it when you need it.

For instance this is mine:-
(pic)Screenshot_20230210_001521_Modes and Routines.jpg
Ivess3
Apprentice
Options

What I am trying to achieve that if my phone was lost stolen etc, if you just switch the phone on you can use google wallet with unlocking the phone. Similar if you someone got hold of your credit card and started shopping with it with tap payments until you realised and could block the card. Ideally was looking to only enable NFC when phone is unlocked to stop this type of situation happening

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Ah I think I understand. Unlike Samsung Pay where you need to authenticate, that option is not available on Google Wallet. One of the reasons I use Samsung Pay instead.

I think your best bet would be to use a routine as @KevP79 stated below. With this method, you would need to open the app to make payments, so it's a bit of a compromise but a good middle ground. If you have a watch or similar device you always have connected, you can set it so that your NFC switches on when it's connected and turns off when it's not.

There is no simple way as far as I know and any solution I could think of would require more steps when compared to Samsung Pay. Possibly someone else knows a better solution and can guide you.