Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion smoothness

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 12:08 PM)
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
Why Samsung? Why are we missing on the biggest (cheapest) chip while having the best & largest display on a smartphone? Why? 

OnePlus/Xiaomi got it on almost all their devices and it's a game changer when it comes to media consumption... 

Such a shame... Not being able to fully take advantage of this beautiful screen size is madness. Good thing we can zoom in "to the moon"... 
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Cheapest
The S23 Ultra has the latest top of the range chipset that's been specifically tuned for Samsung.
Personally I'd want the very best. Even if it's more expensive.
Get the best out of the phones performance when needed
Oneplus and Xiaomi put the latest chipset in their phones as well

Don't think downsizing on the phone chips is a step forward myself
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
I'm refering to MEMC chip... A chip that's upscaling video content to match the display's refresh rate.

Watch this video to better understand: https://youtu.be/FyLcA7oN-8c
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AlinPostelnicu 

Which model of Samsung Galaxy s²³ series are you personally using ?

And what size internal storage capacity  ?

Some have implored Samsung to put the Qualcomm Snapdragon soc in their phones especially tje varients relatedness countries like the UK which they have done.

So far I've heard nothing but good things.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
S23 ultra 256gb... It seems everyone is confused by my question (complaint). I'm not talking about the memory chip, I'm talking about a smoothing the media consumption aka Netflix/Prime movies. I posted a link on my last comment regarding what other cheap smartphones have and what I would wish to see on it 😁
0 Likes
ResurrectedKaran
First Poster
Options

Hi @AlinPostelnicu ,

Glad to see your matter regarding MEMC. I believe this is available in S23 Ultra under Display Settings > Motion Smoothness.(Adaptive/Standard)

But I have not tested/experienced it physically on Samsung. I am planning to buy this phone. I am extremly familiar with Motion Graphics Smoothing in OnePlus 8 Pro (already experienced) and OP 9 Pro. Also this is available in Xiaomi 11x, 11i, 12 Pro devices. This is also available in few RealMe devices.

0 Likes