Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant enter pin after update

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 08:51 AM)
Deano1962
Apprentice
Options

Had a brand new phone yesterday (ultra s23), I originally had the s10+ so i used smart switch to transfer everything over to my new phone and all went good. During the process i set up biometrics for my fingerprint, finished setting thing up then went to bed.

During the night i had an update so this morning i clicked on it to start the update which took about 10 minutes, After that the phone rebooted and asked for my pin.

i entered my pin but it didnt recognise it so tried again and same issue..... im now locked out of my phone.

Im presuming its the same pin i setup on my old phone because i cannot remember setting a pin on the new phone, because i set up biometrics i was using that all the time to access the phone.

Anyone know how to access my phone or does it mean i need to reset, if so how do i reset the phone.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

The default pin code before a user sets up their own is usually 0000.

I would recommend getting your device unlocked and then using 0000 in the first instance, then set up your new one. I don't believe your code will have copied across from your S10+.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
it is possible to bypass Samsung lock screen when you don't remember its PIN, pattern, or password. The ways to get into a locked Samsung phone include: Unlock Samsung Galaxy by Samsung's Find My Mobile. Bypass Samsung screen lock with Google's Find My Device
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Who did you get the phone from? 

0 Likes
Deano1962
Apprentice
Options

I tried 0000 but it didnt work

0 Likes
Deano1962
Apprentice
Options

Ive tried using find my mobile but it doesnt find my new phone, I can see the icons for both my new and old phone but it wont lock on to the new phone where it does the old phone.

0 Likes
Deano1962
Apprentice
Options

samsung online

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ok given the above I would perform a Factory Data Reset, start again but this time make sure you set up a pin first before biometrics.

Then copy your data from old device again.
0 Likes
Deano1962
Apprentice
Options

Ive tried to do a factory reset but having no joy.....ive seen online you hold the power button and press the up volume button at the same time but all it does is restarts the phone...... Do you have any suggestions

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'll need to access the Recovery Menu to FDR in this case.

Then you'll be able to perform FDR and start again.
0 Likes