Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issue

(Topic created on: 22-04-2023 10:36 AM)
PhilS23
Apprentice
Options
I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth connecting to my car, when I first got the phone in March it connected and played audio through Spotify in my car but after the first couple of days audio won't work anymore but the phone it still connected to the car for phonecalls which work fine.

In the Bluetooth settings, it has 3 options: Calls, Audio, Contact Sharing - the Audio toggle is switched off and when I turn it on it slides back to off.

I've tried all the fixes I can find online and spoke to Samsung Support last night who tried to troubleshoot the issue until the point which they told me last night to factory reset the phone which I have done and the issue is still not fixed.

Does anyone have a similar problem and how did you fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Go into your car's infotainment system and delete your phone from the list of connected devices. Next, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone, and "forget" the connection to your car. Immediately after, power off your phone.

Once you have completed these steps, turn the ignition on in your car, and browse for Bluetooth devices while your phone is off. As your infotainment searches for devices to connect to, power your phone on. If your infotainment fails to "find" your phone in the alloted search time, retry. Once your devices "see" each other, pair them (there may be a 6-digit pairing code displayed on both devices), if the pass codes match. Finally, check that you are able to switch on audio pairing once more.
0 Likes
PhilS23
Apprentice
Options
Hi Steven, thanks for the comment. I've just followed this to the letter but unfortunately it didn't work.
PhilS23
Apprentice
Options
I'm not in the car at the moment but it's the middle "Audio" toggle. When I turn it on, it just slides back to off.

Calls and Contact Sharing are normally blue when switched on when in the car.Screenshot_20230422_160910_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried connecting via cable, and repeating the steps I mentioned? I seem to recall that I had a similar issue once upon a time, but doing this seemed to clear the fault - don't ask me how though!! LOL
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Judging by the attached pic, it looks as if you have switched Bluetooth off. This might be the reason why you are having this issue.
0 Likes
shaun469
Student
Options
Im having this exact issue did you manage to resolve the issue?
0 Likes
PhilS23
Apprentice
Options
I never did resolve it I just bought an aux lead so I could play music.

However, today I turned my Bluetooth off to disconnect it from a call in my works van and when I remembered to turn it back on in the car later it's working again.

For how long, who knows!
0 Likes