Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on Display doesn't turn off when phone laying screen down

(Topic created on: 06-11-2023 11:09 AM)
s23rattles
Pioneer
Options
I loved this feature. The AOD would turn off when facing the phone down screen side to save battery. Which I did at night. 

Now it's actually Always on. Since upgrading to Ui6 

Why do they keep messing with stuff 😭 larger icons like 1000% zoom is on. The notification bar had gone black instead of white. 

Wish I never upgraded. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does this still occur after you perform a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on @s23rattles  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
s23rattles
Pioneer
Options
Let me check. I wanted to check if the feature is supposed to still be there after upgrading
0 Likes
s23rattles
Pioneer
Options
Tried it still doesn't work.
0 Likes
helper-K
Navigator
Options
Hi there I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem try restarting your phone or a soft reboot like the person before me said if this doesn't help try contacting Samsung they may have forgot to add this feature or it may not become in this beta wait until the full version and if this keeps happening, contact Samsung's port like I said have a good day.
0 Likes
s23rattles
Pioneer
Options
I thought the ui6 was the full release? Does it work on anyone else Ui6

It was in the August update

Basically this

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO68YlLRAMp6TQlI892zEMcDUHG_xjRk3HeZsFEGWrqN8Ajj17k029pkIZvYyME...

Such a great feature now it's gone since upgrading to UI6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It darkens the screen but it is not turning off. I keep mine on tap to show setting and that works 

0 Likes
s23rattles
Pioneer
Options
I don't want to tap i love that you can turn it over at night time and the screen goes totally off saving battery. Shame 😔
0 Likes
BigPhil77
Explorer
Options
I'm on the latest Ui6 S23 Ultra & my display is always on too I switched it to tap to display but on my old P20 Pro I liked the fact your display was always on but when inside of a phone case the proximity meter would turn off the display,why doesn't a flagship £1500 S23 Ultra do the same???