Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

240 hz pwm screen

(Topic created on: 25-09-2023 11:18 AM)
Fritoweb
Apprentice
Options
Anyone is affected for this speed of pwm on the screen? I've read about and it is too low for a high end smartphone 
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. However it does effect 1 in 10 people. For the first couple of days I got headaches but I can be on this phone for hours now and I'm fine. Alot of phones are like this. I know some vivo and the pro iphones are not so it all comes down to whether it bothers your eyes or not
Fritoweb
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the answer, for now I think I'm OK, a little bit of eye strain but nothing to consider, just I wanted to know it's affect at long term
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No problem like I said some people it may effect others it doesn't. In a couple of days it should go completely if it doesn't then you may have to consider a phone with dc dimming or 480hz pwm
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Fritoweb
Apprentice
Options
I've just found out that change vivid colour mode to natural or even amoled cinema (hidden by default) my eyes and my head are much better
0 Likes
Members_TUm822n
First Poster
Options

Seems to be the same on my S24 ultra. I have never had an issue before, even with screens that used the same pwm methods of dimming. Even though the S24 is meant to have a higher frequency (better) screen, perhaps the far higher brightness potential is causing an issue for me if it is flashing 100% on and off, even hundreds of times per second. I am currently using both extra dim and extra brightness to the screen is on full brightness, then I have overlaid an app called screen dimmer so that the pwm is reduced as much as possible. 

0 Likes