Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to a new samsung phone without smart switch

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 06:24 PM)
Wockeye
Pioneer
Options
So after weeks off my network provider looking Into my devise due to the amount off drop calls and calls not connecting they have decided to replace my handset
Now it's a straight swap from the delivery from dpd I hand them my old devise and box and they give me a new one 
My question is how do I restore whats on this devise to my new devise ? 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Backup to Google and then when you sign in the new device from the same Gmail account you should get everything back.

I normally back up my photos, contacts, and messages.

Apps I prefer to manually install as and when.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use the following route @Wockeye 

Samsung Cloud Back Up.

I also if required download my apps one at a time from the Playstore and Galaxy Store.

I auto back up my photo's to Dropbox.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Wockeye
Pioneer
Options
Brilliant cheers Mate
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Wockeye ,Hello, in my opinion it is better to restore as the colleague @GoanGeek comments, since when restoring a backup of a device, which had presented several failures, it can introduce conflicts in the new terminal.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

Is it - you don't want to use smart switch or that you will not have time owing to the fact that you have to give dpd your old phone at  the same time you receive the new phone.  If it is the latter , then you can still use smart switch  on  a PC.  Down load smart switch from samsung onto  a PC , back up your old device to the PC  and restore from backup from PC to the new device. Just remember to back up whatsapp chats to the cloud before handover the old device

0 Likes