Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Gazat46
Journeyman
Options
Hi

I'm sure everyone has at some stage received unwanted calls and text from scammers. 
I receive them daily but now the scammers have took it one step further regarding my number. 

I get calls regularly from people in mainland England all saying the same thing, "Hi, I've missed a call from you " and when I try to explain that I didn't call them the just seem confused. 

Turns out these scammers are using my number to call other people. 
I live in Northern Ireland. 

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Much appreciated 
Gary

8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think you can do anything about that except change your number

I would first reach out to your network provider and see what they say, but my guess would be they will say change your number

That's a pain, as most people have had their number forever and would like to keep it

There is nothing you can do on the Phone side that I know
0 Likes
Gazat46
Journeyman
Options
Thanks buddy. I knew it would be a long shot but I'll contact my provider and see what they say.
0 Likes
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
Number Spoofing has been around for years. There isn't much that can be done other than change your number perhaps but, even then they could even spoof this number in the future.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/phone-spoof-scam
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I get them on a lot of daily basics. A lot of calls I get are claiming to be from your mobile provider and your local banks. I usually block them simple as that. If you have caller id and spam protection enabled on your phone settings. It should automatically block it if it detects it as suspected spam. As the others have said, there's isn't much you can do about it. Unless you have caller id and spam protection enabled, it should do something by reducing the amount of unwanted calls you get.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I blocked all Unknown callers, but it caused and issue when someone was trying to reach me and could only leave a voicemail, but no way for me to recontact.

I do think the Samsung AI the heck out of everything, lends well to this.

Ironically just today the home phone had a VERY good automated window seller,

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
keith30
Maestro
Options
You should never call them if you're missed a call from someone you don't know, that's what they are after to do what you're just did. Once you do they will have control over your phone. It's one of the many tricks they try on you. Beware and be careful.
0 Likes
samhodg86
Pioneer
Options
I'm currently getting them around twice a week pretending to be o2 (not with o2) I just block the number
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your network should be able to assist you with this @Gazat46 

A last resort would be to ask your network to change your mobile number. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes