Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra is it worth it?

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 11:44 PM)
Ckr
Pioneer
Options
Should I upgrade from s21 ultra ro s22 ultra.
I don't actually find it super upgrade over previous phone, most of the features from s22 will come to previous phones through software updates right?
What you guys think?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
I doubt most will, the latency of the s pen won't, the camera hardware and software updates probably won't either due to the hardware and newer hardware being more capable and the new ai core being vastly superior but that is my take on it.

Me personally I will be upgrading mine thanks to the upgrade program.
Ckr
Pioneer
Options
I got s21 ultra 512 gb , on the upgrading, there is no option for it. Screenshot_20220209-235320_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Did you get yours on the upgrade program with Samsung?
0 Likes
Ckr
Pioneer
Options
Yeah
0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Seems like a few people are having issues with the upgrade Lounge I would leave it for today and try tomorrow the influx of people wanting to buy or upgrade may have caused some issues in the website but Samsung are generally quick to find the issue and put a fix in place fingers crossed it works in the morning.
Blind Pilot
Apprentice
Options
Seems fixed now for trade ins, I was having Troubles but I just ordered mine
0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Upgrade Lounge doesn't work for me as of yet but will try again in a few hours.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Ckr 

It really is a personal choice whether to upgrade or not.

I would suggest to check the specs on each phone and check out the Samsung Unpacked Event if you haven't already,  and look at YouTube opinions from the many creators on there.

If you use a sPen and want it housed inside the phone instead of carrying one around or using a case with sPen silo then the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra could be for you.

Battery specs , improved hardware inside, and new functions and features may sway you.

Look for sites saying Samsung Galaxy s²¹ vs Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra to get comparisons.

Personally I moved from the Samsung Note ²⁰ Ultra to the Samsung Z Fold ³ and even though I'm enjoying what the Fold³ brings I miss the concept of what the s²² now brings.

It's a Note but not in name 😉

I use the sPen quite a lot and because I'm not keen on case's that house the sPen I've not used the Fold sPen often with my Fold³.

I'm a phone guy too which means I like new tech so if a phone ticks my wants and needs boxes I'll pull the trigger.

I'd also suggest to visit a Highstreet Store / Samsung Experience Store to have a play with a working retail demo model of the Samsung Galaxy s²²  Ultra,  when they have them in situ to get a feel for it in the hand.

Enjoy the journey and I look forward to hearing any update from you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Personally speaking me from being in a 2 year contract . 1st year is approaching and I think that I'm happy with s21+ given the sensational performances. It's your choice but I would wait. I mean I'm on a £36 monthly plan EE UK I did pay upfront £50 but the s21 Regular died on me within a month. So August 2021 the network provider gave me S21+ due to no s21 regular available.

So I think if you are patience to wait I would. Phones change every year but s21 range is still a beast. When I will upgrade next year I will see s22+ I'm not so into ultra due to its huge 🤣

Good luck with your decision
0 Likes