Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Bluetooth signal cutting out

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 04:42 PM)
eldrick
Apprentice
Options

I am a Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid user. On my S20 Plus, I initially had some issues with the bluetooth connection and they were mostly sorted over time.

On my new S22 Ultra (a fabulous phone), the connection between my Cochlear Implant/Hearing Aid is dreadful. The sound keeps cutting off. From what I've read, people using headphones/earphones and other Bluetooth devices are having similar issues.

I would love it if Samsung would release an app which allows us to tweak the bluetooth settings so we can stablise even boost the signal and perhaps update the BT drivers independently of System Updates.

Galaxy S22 Ultra  #CochlearImplant

17 REPLIES 17
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello, and congratulations on getting the S22 Ultra.
I hope to have mine soon.

Newly released devices, are generally expected to perform flawlessly in hands of the consumer especially the high-end models but alas as we all know, it is not uncommon for early adopters to experience these sorts of "teething" issues with brand new releases.

Chances are that it will get sorted very quickly....I hope. Lol!

Don't let it spoil what I am sure is a great experience to own that machine.
Enjoy it.

Be blessed.!

josep1977
Pioneer
Options

I have exactly the same issue through my car stereo. Clicks / pops / cuts randomly while playing. My last S21 Ultra didn't have this problems.

0 Likes
ebhudgens
First Poster
Options

I also have bluetooth issues with my hearing *****. The ***** are by Phonak. I recently upgraded from a Note 9 to an S22 Ultra. No issues for three years on the Note 9, but constantly dropping the audio from the phone to the *****. Bluetooth shows they are still paired for calls and audio, but no audio to the *****. There are many ways to restore the audio, but all take time and there is no warning as to when the audio will drop out. A very big problem for me. I've talked with Samsung technicians on Chat and gone through all of their recommended tests and all say it is working properly, but then several hours later it will drop. I know there is a supposedly 10' range for the BT and try to always keep the phone close by.

Last week I even sent the ***** back for service thinking the problem might be with them. While they were being services I had a loaner pair that was one generation newer than mine. Those worked flawlessly with the ultra as mine had done with the older Note 9. Got my ***** back yesterday after having the internals replaced with new of the same generation - easier than checking out those tiny boards - and within 4 hours the issue showed up again. It dropped audio twice within two hours last night.

There has to be a solution from Samsung for this. I am seeing too many people reporting similar issues.

0 Likes
ebhudgens
First Poster
Options

In the above post, the **** is hearingaids". The program keeps changing it even though I edit it.

0 Likes
ebhudgens
First Poster
Options

Tried changing the power saving settings for both bluetooth and hearingaid apps from normal to unrestricted. This worked for a couple of days. Today I started having the same issues again. I can remember once that I had the phone more than 10 ft away. Hoping that was the issue.

0 Likes
eldrick
Apprentice
Options
I'm trying the latest beta of OneUI 5 to see if that resolves the issue...

The answer? Nope.

I've had this phone for a while now. I tolerate the BT issues but some days are worse than others which are infuriating.
0 Likes
Rinnepe
Student
Options

Hi ! I'm in the same situation as yours. I bougth the S22 Ultra last week and I have the same issue with the connection between my Cochlear Implant and the Bluetooth. I can listen to music but within a minute or two, it started making noses like pop/cut/sizzle. I have to turn the Bluetooth off and on again and again.

I did everything like restart the phone, reset him too but nothing change. I didn't have that issue with my old phone SNote20+.

Has your issue been solved ? What did you do to solve it ?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
eldrick
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately not, I've had my S22 Ultra for around 6 months and some days are good but others are awful. A mixed bag.

I am wondered if the cochlear implant BT stream was being overloaded but other people have had similar issues too.
0 Likes
maildude
First Poster
Options

I got an S22 Ultra through Samsung online the first week of October, and immediately had similar Bluetooth problems. I spent 3.5 hrs on the phone with 13 Samsung agents, and it was finally decided I should  buy another via Samsung online and return the first phone via <retailer I picked it up from> and get another. What a pain! Had to re-configure all the apps, passwords, etc. And the new phone has similar issues. Also had the hearingaids replaced under warranty. Bluetooth stays connected for controlling the hearingaids, but streaming either stops or becomes choppy.  It is working similarly (stops streaming or bad audio) with my Alexa Auto and other Bluetooth receivers. I've now done  (a) different phone (b) different hearingaids. What is Samsung going to do about it?

0 Likes