Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra battery backup

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
MKS22Ultra
Pathfinder
Options
In less than 12 hours, phone has come down from 100% to 80% without any usage. It was sitting idle at night on a bed side table. Also the apps shown under battery usage don't add up to 20%. So what is consuming the battery?
Note: I have maximum apps set to deep sleeping.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a smart phone it will drain battery regardless whether you use it or not.

It's probably syncing stuff and checking emails , Bluetooth connections etc one the background.

I do agree 20% over a 12 hour is a bit excessive. I'd settle for more of a 10%-15% drain over that time.

I'd start with how good your signal is both WiFi and mobile where your phone is.

Next would be looking at permissions of background data using apps.

Social media apps are the worst culprits.

Samsung has somewhat fixed these kinds of drains in the S24 series so something to thing about unless they have the fix on the 6.1 update for your 22 series.

That's the only issue I had on my s21 ultra. That Google services was just killing my otherwise Awesome battery on it.

Hope my post she's a bit of light on your issue as it is what's it is and unless you real want to dumb your phone down I'd say upgrade to the newer model is the way.
TechUncovered
Explorer
Options
Have you tried to put your phone in flight mode
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Pathfinder
Options
Last night I tried the same again but this time I put the phone on power saving and only 5% was reduced.

Yes almost all apps are in deep sleeping mode so background usage is not a problem.

Main issue is consumption does not add up to 20%, so I am unable to identify what is exactly using the battery.
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Pathfinder
Options
What is the benefit of having a phone but to put it on flight mode to save battery? I am ok if it significantly reduces battery but at least want to understand what application is consuming the battery.
I have tried setting the phone on power saving and that helped but that is not an option.
0 Likes
TechUncovered
Explorer
Options
Flight mode turns off WiFi and Bluetooth and does save battery
0 Likes
TechUncovered
Explorer
Options
I just realised you have always on display on that can take a lot of battery
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Pathfinder
Options
I always keep Bluetooth off. Cannot afford to keep WiFi off.
0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Pathfinder
Options
Yes, but as you can see it is only 5%
0 Likes