Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s22 Screen Recorder

(Topic created on: a month ago)
IcemanCometh
Apprentice
Options
I recently (February 24) stumbled into the above - located with 2 swipes down from the top, and gave it a try. Sooooperb. I was able to record a discussion on the phone.
Recently however, after 'playing' with the particular settings: 'Media' and 'Media and Mic', it no longer records phone calls, but it does record the video aspect, which, of course, is pretty limited on a phone call...!!
I tried shouting at the phone, enquiring about its birth, to no avail.
I have completed all the 'One UI' updates, so wondered if this facility has been 'fine-tuned(!), and no longer works as it did back in 12 February 24...??!!??
Appreciate any comments.
Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Recording of phone calls has been removed. GDPR issues.
0 Likes
IcemanCometh
Apprentice
Options
Ah. I guess I was just lucky to have it working in February.
I have downloaded an app, so I am ready to go.
Appreciate your help.
Cheers.
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not allowed any longer for legal reasons, which annoys me since plenty of companies record conversations when they call us. Maybe they should allow the feature if it automatically informs the other person straight away the call is going to be recorded.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Some companies tell you before hand that the call is being recorded, most banks do. But yes it's due to legal reasons
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is no legal obligation on companies to notify you that calls are being recorded.

It is best practice but not a legal requirement.
0 Likes
IcemanCometh
Apprentice
Options
My reason for recording a voice is for my family history files, a voice to go with the pictures. I will give my new app a go. Thanks for the conversation. Cheers...👍
0 Likes