Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 rear flash glowing through the edges

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 04:24 AM)
KR15H
Explorer
Options
Anyone with a new s22, if you turn on your torch in the dark and cover it, do you see light leaking through the edge or did i get a faulty product?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've seen in the past where some Samsung models of phone's have had light bleed which if I remember rightly was down one of the edges.

Some had it and some didn't.

I have a Samsung Black Leather Back Case on all my phone's so even though my phone's didn't have this issue the use of a case resolved this issue for some.

It's the way the phone has been constructed inthe factory maybe.

I have the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and am not seeing this on mine. I appreciate my phone is a different model of s²² to yours.

If this isn't affecting the overall use of the phone and it's features then I'd this was my phone I wouldn't be worried / concerned.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KR15H
Explorer
Options
This is the light bleed from my phone20220526_054811_25862_1653540495.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes that's similar to what I've seen in the past.

If your worried then look at any relevant cooling off period to return the phone but there is no guarantee the next will have no bleed.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What is the IP rating on the S22? If there's light bleed then dust or water can get in
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The water resistance is built inside the frame / housing creating the barrier @antikythera 

The Samsung Galaxy s²² is "IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)"

The light bleed is shining through thats all.

@KR15H else do pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre if your again concerned.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Shining through the back? That's insanely thin then 😲
KR15H
Explorer
Options
No it's just that the rear glass isnt sitting well, tried jamming my nail under it and I couldn't, the ip68 rating still holds up, used it in the shower multiple times
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Either way, that build quality isn't really acceptable in a smartphone that's meant to be the Rolls Royce experience. It wouldn't be something I could put up with and nor should you or anyone else but that is your call at the end of the day. There's plenty of other options out there from manufacturers who still give a cr4p about build quality
0 Likes