Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 mobile network

(Topic created on: 22-11-2022 10:24 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys

Wondering if any of you lovely people can help with a slight issue I'm having with my s22.
So basically when I leave the house or any WiFi area I'm in my mobile network won't kick in.i have to restart the phone for it to come on.
Any help or advice is much appreciated 🙂.
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've seen this discussed in past threads @tinglish and unfortunately it's a situation that cannot be easily troubleshooted.

Maybe it's the phone clinging onto the current connection type thats delaying the process of swapping connection type and or confusing the phone meaning a way to clear the process is a soft reboot which you've been doing. 

When I leave my house while on my Home Wi-Fi the connection will remain until I pass the boundaries of the Wi-Fi connection and then will swap to 4G or 4G+ , but there is a slight noticeable stutter for my Internet connection to continue. It's like a pause when I'm surfing. 

i.e 

I commute by Bus to work so I use the bus companies app to track the bus.

It shows an icon of a bus on a map that moves as the bus travels. When I leave home the icon moves but when I move out of Wi-Fi range the swap to 4G happens the bus stops on the map and then seconds later jumps on the map to it's then current position.

All that said I don't have to restart my phone.

What troubleshooting have you tried thus far ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I'll be honest I haven't tried anything other than restarting phone as this seems to be the only way to get my mobile network on.my mobile network won't kick in at all otherwise.
I've seen some people have tried resetting network connections but this hasn't helped.
The other day I couldn't ring out because I wasn't in a WiFi area (I use WiFi calling),it just said not network service Evan though I had 3 bars which was quite frustrating 🙄 😅.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I usually disable wifi, disable and enable mobile data or enable and disable plane mode, and all starts to work again. I have not needed to restart the phone.

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah enabling and disabling airplane mode seems to do the the trick thanks 🙂.
Still strange how mobile network doesn't come on automatically anymore.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I comes automatically, but the phone needs to think a bit about it. It is not as seamless as it was.

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah mine doesn't for some reason
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
So much for your perfect S22 with "no issues"
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Didn't have any issues before this 🤷.
Calm down mate no need to get upset 😭😂
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I have the very same issue. At home I have no mobile signal so have to use WiFi calling.
Cycling Airplane mode solves the problem.
I had a Note10 before the s22 and it did sometimes have a problem but not as often.
I seem to remember that I read somewhere that without a signal the phone puts that function to sleep, maybe it just can't wake up?