can anyone tell me this true when is 6.1 system comes out Samsung s22 5g
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Android 6.1 will be coming to all phones, but not all features.

I.e. newest AI features might only be coming to the S23 range, fold / flip 5 and the tab 9 ultra.

The AI takes quite a lot of processor power which might not be suited to all phones processor.

Android 6.1 is rumoured to be released in march for the devices listed above and usually there is a hierarcy release where the later models are listed. I would expect S22 to be soon after s23.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Android 6.1 will be coming to all phones, but not all features.

I.e. newest AI features might only be coming to the S23 range, fold / flip 5 and the tab 9 ultra.

The AI takes quite a lot of processor power which might not be suited to all phones processor.

Android 6.1 is rumoured to be released in march for the devices listed above and usually there is a hierarcy release where the later models are listed. I would expect S22 to be soon after s23.

Smiley
- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
There are many android pages and this is just one of them. Most of the information is the same on the others...

But just remember this is not verified information and just rumours at present.

https://9to5google.com/2024/01/18/samsung-one-ui-6-1-coming-to-these-galaxy-devices/
- Smiley

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's coming but they isn't a time frame for it, hopefully after the S23series and the Fold/Flip 5 along with the latest tablets. Could be by June. Was a post on Sammobile.com this morning with some of the details for the 6.1 announced
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whllst not official Samsung News Samsung's Head of Customer experience has been quouted in tech sites saying : we want to secure the quality and the performance of what we deploy. Then we will learn how people use [these features] and tune the performance. Number two, we will deploy [Galaxy AI] on a second set of devices – specifically, the S23, S23 FE, Z Fold 5, Z Flip 5 and Tab S9 – to see how it works.”

None of the features expected to come to the S22 series  in the near future at any rate.

More detail here https://www.techradar.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-phones/no-the-samsung-galaxy-s22-isnt-getting-galaxy... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.