Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Wifi issues, Samsung denying anything wrong and refusing to even consider replacing.

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 03:11 PM)
Mckl
Explorer
Options

I bought my S22 direct from Samsung UK in April. It suddenly developed wifi issues recently. It struggles to find wifi access points, when it does it's incredibly slow 4-13Mbps typically and it disconnects frequently. I can't use wifi in coffee shops, at work, at friends houses etc so it's not just an issue with my home router setup (which I have also reset anyway).  I tried a network settings reset on the phone, then a factory reset without joy. After much experimenting I  discovered the only wifi it can connect to reliably is a wifi6 connection but even then only if it is set to 2.4Ghz alone.

Samsung have had a look at and I've received it back in exactly the same state, they said all they found were Android issues no hardware fault, so all they did is factory reset it, it's still in it's factory reset state. I contacted Samsung and they say their technicians (Wefix) are telling them there is nothing wrong with it and so they won't do anything about it! I did ask if there's nothing wrong with it then what's the issue with swapping it for another then? No dice.

What do I do? Who do I complain to? There are no Samsung stores near me. Why the hell am I jumping through hoops for what is a simple issue?

24 REPLIES 24
paplu
First Poster
Options
My phone is samsung galaxy s22 very problems for WiFi connection
0 Likes
lipas22
Journeyman
Options
This is worse samsung I ever had. I brought this phone as business phone and I have a lot of trouble. WiFi not working at all. If connected to WiFi I have message that connected without internet. Such a rubbish
0 Likes
lipas22
Journeyman
Options
I still pay monthly for this phone to Samsung but i need rid this phone off . I am loosing to many customers by not having WiFi
0 Likes
Mckl
Explorer
Options
OP here. An update on my phone. It went back to Samsung for 10 days and they fixed the WiFi issue but they must have put it back together wrong as it would get so hot it would shut down after being switched on for less than 5 min, I couldn't even set it up. This time it was gone for almost 3 weeks and they swapped out the main board. I ended up spending £120 on a terrible cheapo phone whilst waiting because Samsung CS couldn't give me a timeframe and the battery on the old S7 I was using kept dying.
The S22 is fine now but I won't be buying another Samsung, if I do it certainly will not be from Samsung themselves at any rate, their repair process is pretty poor and it cost me £120!
0 Likes
KevnKat
First Poster
Options
Thanks very much for the info and update, having same problems. You don't happen to know what Samsung did to fix it? Thanks
0 Likes