Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costa qr code not reading

(Topic created on: 07-11-2023 02:22 PM)
Members_Wn5wWyp
Student
Options

I'm unable to scan the qr code via the Costa app, tried everything deleted the app reinstalled, nothing works, was working and now seems to have stopped, is this a software issue??

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AtshaamY
Options

Hi there! This doesn't appear to be a known issue. Are you having the same problem when using other apps or trying to scan other QR codes? Sometimes when you install a new app (or reinstall an app), there may be new app updates available. Try updating the Costa app by opening the Play Store > Tap on your profile icon (top right) > Manage apps and device > Updates available > Make sure the app is updated by tapping on the Update option (next to the app).

If the issue persists, contact the app provider for further support. You can usually find the details of the app providers within the app or if you open the Play Store > Search for the app using the search bar at the top > Tap on the app > Swipe up until you're at the bottom of the page > Tap 'App support'.

AtshaamY

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The qr readers in Costa Coffee Shops can be quite tricky to use @Members_Wn5wWyp 

They can be hit and miss. 

What I do it launch the Costa app to get to the qr code and then hold the phone just above the qr reader and then slowly swipe it downwards. 

I use a Costa Shop every morning and find this way works everytime. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_Wn5wWyp
Student
Options

Hi thanks for the help, yes the app is fully updated, I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that makes no difference, it used to work then just suddenly stopped, I can read other qr codes, just send that the Costa one won't work, I've even tried other machines and none work 🤔

0 Likes
Ian3433
First Poster
Options
Hi there I can't get the Costa app to work on my new Samsung galaxy z fold 3 phone it coming up ack005 it only comes up on this device but I can put it on my Samsung tablet and works there but not work on my phone
0 Likes
1inamill
First Poster
Options
Qr reader not scanning code on tesco app,help anyone
0 Likes
mrsmaca
First Poster
Options
Same for me, I have to message every week to get my bean added, really annoying!
0 Likes