Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge is depleting quicker than before after June updates

(Topic created on: 15-06-2022 07:14 AM)
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
I'm using S22 Ultra Exynos 12GB variant. I've noticed the battery is depleting significantly quicker than before after installing the June updates. 

I've reset the phone with even less apps than before, still the same result. Just to clarify that there are no dodgy apps installed, just in case anyone wonders if this could be the reason.

This is a genuine issue and I'm keeping an eye on my use, which has fallen short by almost 6 to 7 hours when idle, or an hour's worth screen-on time. So, almost 10% difference in battery discharge.

Please let me know if anyone of you is experiencing the same, thank you

7 REPLIES 7
julieann60
First Poster
Options
I noticed the same but I had it switched on 'protected battery mode". This setting only allows battery to charge up to 85% and stops. I had read you need to charge your battery to 100% before the battery saving can start to work. The battery is designed to get to know the owners usage and conserve battery at certain times. Anyway my battery was going from 85 to 50 with hardly any use. I disconnected the 85% protected battery & fully charged it once to 100% now the phones battery is excellent, it hardly runs past 70 - 80 % each day. I believe its nothing wrong with samsungs new S22 ultra, just we need to follow samsungs first charge rules. My battery is great now.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mine appears to be roughly the same as before the two June updates @S22 Ultra User 

A route to try is > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Also the update may take a short whike to fully settle and the apps to optomise.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
Cheers for sharing your experience. I've never used battery protected mode. However, the battery hardly lasts 5 minutes when the phone is left with 5% battery. Battery life was great before, it's just after June update I felt it depletes quicker so I thought I may mention it in case others are facing it too. I'm keeping an eye on it though as it's past the learning the usage pattern.
0 Likes
S22 Ultra User
Explorer
Options
Thank you for sharing your experience and the tip. I've reset my phone so hoping the cache was cleared but I'll do it again anyways as you've suggested. Ever since I've bought it, I've experienced occasional stutters.
0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
I haven't even got the updates for june not the 1st or 2nd
0 Likes
Savage_Rose
Explorer
Options
I've noticed mine is a lot worse since the last update, and my data is terrible.
I used to have great data as I use 2 different sim cards so when I lack coverage on one provider I can switch to the other so I got good coverage 99% of the time.
Since the update my data is now terrible and I guess my phone trying to reconnect all the time is draining my battery.
I've had Samsung phones since the S7 and this is the most expensive one I've ever owned, and the one that's had the most problems (S22 ultra) I wish I had never bought into the hype.
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Glad to hear we are in the same boat. I'm requesting a refund from Samsung for an amazing device crippled by poor software and faulty hardware.