Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you unlock Dex 4k resolution s21 ultra with Smart monitor M7

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 11:46 AM)
hsju526
Journeyman
Options

Yes or no?

I bought this thinking it would be amazing. Ended up with a huge 32 monitor displaying Dex in FHD.

So yes or no? Are you planning to fix this or will i be stuck with pixelated icons/text on this nice 4k monitor. Its like driving a ferrari with engine from a Fiat.

Please note, this have nothing to do with how i connect the phone to the monitor. I have tested everything. There is no support for higher resolution and please dont tell me to use it wireless, that mode is just for powerpoints because of the horrible lag.

20 REPLIES 20
ChuckieEgg
Explorer
Options
Samsung are doing themselves no favours when it comes to DeX. The S21 handsets are more than capable of putting out 4K. The information available is poor, fragmented across various different areas of the Samsung website, making it hard for consumer and professional IT persons to build a full picture of what devices work in what scenarios. They need to work with the community to develop this platform before the competition take over and leave it dead in the water.
0 Likes
hsju526
Journeyman
Options

Something really wrong at samsung if the brand new M7 monitor that's say dex on the box don't support all resolutions. 

What are you using to get 4k?

0 Likes
Ophion
Apprentice
Options

What I do not understand: 
Why is a year old Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ capable of outputting e. g. 3440x1440, but the Brand new and much more powerful S21 Ultra cannot? 

0 Likes
Rivet
Apprentice
Options

Dex have the max resolution of 2k on wired so 4k is impossible even if u use screen mirroring. The most important thing to be able to use 2K is is that your type c HDMI converter must support 2k. There are some converters which only support 4k and fhd but not 2k!!!

0 Likes
Rivet
Apprentice
Options

I use it daily with my note 9. 

0 Likes
kel1kek
Journeyman
Options

I feel your pain and also hope to have a 4K option at some point.

Alas though my current set up I was looking how I could either lower the resolution of my Samsung 4K Smart TV or make the fonts larger.  Maybe it is FULL HD but I just can't read them from where I set because everything if fine but too small. I actually thought it was 4K! 

I heard you could adjust the font size but it seems to be greyed out on my options. 

0 Likes
DavideC27
Apprentice
Options

I'm really disappointed with Samsung FR. I've been seeking help both via the chat and via the helpline to connect my S21 Ultra with my M7 monitor using DEX wireless. They have been useless getting to the point of saying that the option does not exist! I have to admit that Samsung support is always mediocre and I'm wondering how Apple treats their customers. 

0 Likes
hsju526
Journeyman
Options

Writing this from my new iPhone 13. Bye Samsung!

0 Likes
Beak
Student
Options

I use DEX a lot, on N10+, its great. But yes Samsung could do a bit better. 

I allways have found Samsung support realy good from personal experiance. 

The monitor that I use is a samsung LU32J590UQUXEN PC monitor UHD (3840 x 2160) what most peaple say collectivly as 4K (Not DCi 4k whih is 4096 px wide). For me productivity / office its excelent, but not so with DEX  

Yes DEX connects. But  only WQHD 2560 x 1440, Much better than HD, but still not making full use and it's a little blury due to the sub optimal resolution. Same issue you all have.

Certainly, on the relevent newer phones and tablets, i would guess there is enough CPU and GPU grunt to drive a 4k or so, and cleary the internal dispaly has much higher resolution drive capability / capacity. 

I can only assume that Samsung did not enable this for stability, power or heat reasons, as it seems to me a bit crazy that this is not factory standard modes Ultra Wide, UHD ... Like most of you I want to use the phone as a replacement PC on the go, and DEX gets quite close for the simple stuff. Games and CAD or the like excluded of course.

if Samsung are watching, many peaple are asking for this, 4k is the norm now, please enable  the common resolutions even if for productivity within DEX.... 

Simbiosi
Student
Options

That's a good example of how limited is the Samsung ecosystem. Not even with the M7 monitor or with a Samsung 4K TV the phone will output a 4k DeX. Also, if you don't use a DeX cradle the output is limited to FHD.

Motorola edge 30 pro outputs 4k using a usbc cable. No need for accessories, special cables, etc.

So I'm selling the S10e and gor for a Motorola.