Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WiFi Roaming issues on the S21 Ultra using 6GHz bandwidth.

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 07:49 AM)
WIFI Roaming
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hello, 

I got a problem about the S21 Ultra device, which dosen't work WiFi roaming on 6GHz.

As know, For Wi-Fi Roaming funtionality, the S21 Ultra should support 802.11r, 11k, 11v. 

While doing a Wi-Fi roaming test between APs almost one month, have reached to a conclusion says it woks well in 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth  , but in 6GHz 

After engineering , some says it seems like the device dosen't support some funtionalities related 802.1x authenticastion and WPA3 secutity protocol in the 6GHz BW.   

For your understanding, my test environment as below.

: S21 Ultra supports 6GHz a.k.a WiFi 6E, Access Point supports Wi-Fi 6E

Please advise on how to solve this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
moneylessbrim
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I don't think your issue is related to the 6GHz band, but it's actually caused by a lack of support for 802.11r on WPA3 networks. I have a Samsung S20 FE, and it doesn't roam with 802.11r on my WPA3-personal network with two routers (5GHz network). However, everything works as it should when the network runs WPA2-personal security.

I really doubt that Samsung engineers visit this forum, so could you please report your issue in the Samsung members app? I've sent in a report about mine, and the more reports they get about it the more likely we'll see a fix.

WIFI Roaming
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Yes

Thanks for your comment.

While I have been testing from the irregular network connecting and dropping issue over 6Ghz  bandwidth,

I'm going to send an official letter on this issue to Samsung Electronics and  Government organization, The Ministry of Science and ICT both.

0 Likes