Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video & Voice Recording using two or more mics

(Topic created on: 27-05-2021 09:15 PM)
NB
Pioneer
Options
I want to record my conversation with my student thus want to keep my Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra couple of meters/feet away to coverel both of us. 
However, the sounds seems to be diminishing from a distance. I know zoom can zoom in mic as well. However, I don't want to zoom in and want crystal clear sound.
I can use my galaxy buds pro but I don't know hoe my student can connect. I can use extra buds or line Mic if need be.

If someone can help me with how to connect multiple buds, mic lines or some other device like FM mics to S21U while recording video and its sound.

An illustration or link will help understand better.
Thank you
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't see a workable way of solving this. Although the sound can be shared with other devices, only 1 microphone will work.
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
I think I found two solutions. I am going to use.

1. A Samsone Radio Station type microphone that I already have and place between us so it picks up sound from both of us. Use a Female USB to USB C to plug in to S21U.

2. Use a USB C hub. It takes usb as well as 3.5mm voice jack, that I can use with my Rode mic. This usb c hub has 10 inputs so I can attach both pin and usb mics.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What if you keep the phone close to one person and the other person uses the buds.
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
@GoanGeek..
That will kill the video part if it. Need to shoot two people in dialogue sitting scross in stage like setting before the camera. So one good mic in the middle.
Wish could place buds in the middle but they won't work unless they sense skin of the ear 👂.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With the S21 Ultra wide angle, how far would you want the phone?
Other options could be a wired microphone or entirely recording audio separately and then post processing.
It would be too much work though.

I do like the idea of getting two buds to work with one phone. That would be epic.
0 Likes
NB
Pioneer
Options
This is why one solution is to use this mic between two of us connected via USB C.20210527_213941_28463.jpg
0 Likes