Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Google play services, chrome and settings apps?

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 10:29 AM)
brewingstorm
Apprentice
Options
Why do I have two Google play services, chrome and settings apps? The second ones have the orange dual symbols at the corners but why even are they there? They only appear in my apps settings, not on my homepage or app screen.

Anyone else having this issue, it's the S21.

5 REPLIES 5
Momonga
Student
Options
This is not an error. It's a secure folder containing apps that could be used.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/
Members_kzlkJmN
First Poster
Options

It's not true, above screen shot is valid question and I have same situation, and the solution is not appropriate here. 

@Momonga   The link and descriptor which you have mentioned for secured folder enabled where duplicate apps icon comes with secure folder only. Above issues is something different. If we have two different or dual apps then two circle in the icon is valid but there are still some apps in the Samsung phones does shows duplicate but they are not exist in the phone 

0 Likes
Members_kzlkJmN
First Poster
Options

I have same issues in my new samsung s22 ultra phone, No secure folder as well. but I see two apps but 2 apps not exist, I think I have transfer all data and apps from existing phone to new phone could be an issues. but Samsung should reply and fix this issues

0 Likes
Ares_Redstar
Journeyman
Options

I had the same, but fixed it. If you're not using any dual app (I see you are actually using Dual whatsapp though), you can remove all the dual apps related to this service by tapping the 3 dots on the upper right corner and then tap on delete all my data. It will remove dual Chrome, dual Google Play services and dual settings.

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
I am also having same issue. Google play services eating up battery quickly. I need dual whatsapp but don't want dual google chrome and dual google play services. I even tried to disable one google play services but keep on getting message to enable it. What should I do?
0 Likes