Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 11:03 AM)
Rickb64
Explorer
Options
Thanks Samsung, the new update has disabled my side button. Settings and correct but button does not work, it doesn't even turn the display on but more annoying it doesn't turn it off 😡
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
danx55
Voyager
Options
bummer.... must admit i don't think i will be rushing to install it 😕
0 Likes
Rickb64
Explorer
Options
Yeah don't. It's really annoying the hell out of me having to wait for the screen to go off before putting it in my pocket. Have to set screen off time to minimum now
danx55
Voyager
Options
thanks for the warning
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have upgraded mine to android 13 and 1ui 5.0 with no issues except expert raw crashing but which was resolved

I would contact support or take to nearest Samsung store for troubleshooting as I have never read or heard of this before
Rickb64
Explorer
Options
I had no issues with android 13 and UI 5 either. This is the security update this morning.
Have contacted Samsung but even they don't know how to fix at the moment.
0 Likes
Rickb64
Explorer
Options
Ok so now Samsung need me to factory reset... Not sure I want to risk this because if it needs me to turn on via power button I may never get my phone started. Samsung say it will reboot without the need to press the power button but I'm not 100% convinced.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried going to settings and search for side key and see over there.
Screenshot_20221116_185338_Settings.jpg
Rickb64
Explorer
Options
Yes, after performing a restart that was the very next thing I did. All was as it should be. Thank you.
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
Every time I press my side key/button it mutes my sound & not turn my phone off
0 Likes