Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 12:55 PM)
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I bought the ultra a couple of days ago and after setting it up I performed the security update and I noticed immediately that the fingerprint scanner had to be pressed a lot harder than a few moments before the update. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?Prior to the update I just tapped it and it worked fine. 
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When on the samsung members page
Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the page
And run a diagnostic test
Fingerprint recognition
And see if that helps :smiling-face:
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
OK thanks.
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
I've run the tests and everything works fine including the sensor, but on the home screen I still have to press harder than the test screen and I've logged 3 different fingers and it doesn't matter which one I use it still needs pressing harder than test screen. I've had quite a few different phones and tablets with fingerprint readers but never like this.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Have you got Adaptive brightness turned on in Settings Display turning it off may help
0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
Tried that, doesn't make a difference, just had to login via numberplate as fingerprint said I had to wait 30 seconds before trying again.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@taxineil Hello, delete all memorized fingerprints and set up a new fingerprint again. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I tried that before coming here.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@taxineil Hello, check if you have the Touch Sensitivity option activated in the Settings / Display.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
taxineil
Apprentice
Options
I've tried it both on and off, doesn't seem to do anything.
0 Likes