Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21ultra clear view case design flaw BEWARE and stay CLEAR!

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 10:24 AM)
MJJ777
Journeyman
Options
Please samsung listen to your customers. 

There is a design flaw with the clear view case for the S21 ultra! The plastic clear view part of the cover is scratching the right hand side of the screen causing a marking all the way down the side (there is also multiple scratches on the case too which is less than one month old). 
I have the case with the s pen but it's the first time that this has happen as I've had the same case on the NOTE 9 and it was perfect. 
I would like to know what samsung is going to do fix this. I'm bringing this issue to your attention, please act on it promptly. Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't know how many people are going to post this.

I have the same case. it is actually marking the fairly cheap screen protector that samsung have fitted to the screen.

if it bothers you, then simply remove the thin film scree protector and eithrer replace the protector with an after market one, or just go with the bare gorilla glass screen.

the plastic case would NOT scratch or mark the gorilla glass display. Take another look at your screen ... especially around the forward facing camera... you can feel the screen protector there.

you can mark this screen protector with your nail very easily. it was fitted upon manufacture to help with protection by samsung.

Please note that there were two layers when new... a transport layer... followed by a screen protector and then the screen. You may have removed the transport layer... but the screen protector was designed not to be removed straight away.

Just remove it if the marks are unacceptable to you.

kind regards
smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Antrobus
First Poster
Options

You're wrong, I took off my screen protector and the clear view cover made scratches all the way down the right side of the edge of my screen and I have had it for only a few months, my previous phone the Samsung s9+ had the official screen case with cover as well and never had any scratches even without a screen protector, you are giving dangerously bad advice. 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you take the second screen protector off ? If you look at the forward facing camera and use your finger... can you feel a protector?
- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I assume from a lack of any further response that you have realised there is in fact still a screen protector on your phone and these scratches you mention are to the plastic protector than a 'Gorilla Victus' glass screen than is resilient to scratches to at least 6H hardness.

So your accusations of me being 'wrong'... and giving 'dangerously bad advice' are incorrect.

You do realise I am not a Samsung employee and I spend a lot of my own time giving advice and writing tips here.

Smiley
- Smiley

0 Likes
Antrobus
First Poster
Options
No the screen protector that comes already on the screen I had taken off as it bent at the edge and caused a bubble, actually samsung themselves have come out and admitted that the clear view cover causes scratches and they are figuring out about compensation, I will be refunding mine and getting my phone either replaced or somehow fixed. Look it up for yourself mate it is well known that the clear view collects dust and debree and the friction causes scratches, not sure about the gorilla glass anymore, not impressed at all I have had £80 phones with stronger screens then this.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
If this is true I am sorry to hear... but I have had both my Samsung S21 ultra and case since 28th January.

I have a number of friction scratches down the right hand side of the screen... but these are just to the protector.

Most people don't realise there are two protectors on the phone when new.

I still fail to believe that plastic case can cause scratches to a gorilla screen. I have watched multiple videos with guys deliberately trying to scratch these screens with a test of variable scratch tools... pretty much confirming the 6H hardness before any visible defects occur.

However, I have no intentions of using my S21 without a screen protector. When this one becomes more worn, I will replace it with another... perhaps a harder screen such as a Whitestone dome screen.

Smiley.
- Smiley

0 Likes
Antrobus
First Poster
Options
Yeah alone seems to be fine, but in my pocket it's supposed to attract dust and debree which helps to scratch the screen, just something to look out for, my s9+ case had a nicer more softer cover which you could even flip over for a stand, disappointed that this one can't even do that.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
The clear view covers have not been able to act properly as a stand since the s10 onwards. You can still prop it up in tent mode but the design changed more than 2 years ago.

My window has a few scratches to the plastic of the case... and the screen protector has friction marks...but hey...for me thsse are doing what they are supposed... actually protecting my phone.

I take care not to put keys, coins and stuff in the same pocket and so far it is not too bad.

I do expect to replace the screen protector sometime soon enough... and when the case gets damaged to a point where it starts looking bad then this will get replaced as well.

I still don't concur with actual screen damage being possible from this case... but if this is true then I sympathise. I have the liberty of microscopes at work, I will study mine tomorrow under a high magnification.
- Smiley

0 Likes
MJJ777
Journeyman
Options
Hey guys, thanks for your feedback, and yes I did realise afterwards that the screen had a protector BUT the reality is that even though the scratches on my phone are on the protector the clear view plastic case is seriously super scratched. This didn't happen on my note 9. I'll remove the screen protector and see how that works out. Either way, the case shouldn't scratch so easily as I'm sure you'll agree.
0 Likes