Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21FE problems

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 11:24 PM)
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

Hello, 

I have a Snapdragon 888 version of the S21FE which I find is a great phone overall. But two issues are bugging me. Firstly, is screen dimming issue. I have auto brightness turned off and any battery power saving modes are all turned off. Screen is set to Vivid but when I go into certain apps like Facebook Messenger and Maps among a few others, the screen just keeps dimming. I've tried absolutely everything but it still dims even when I'm outside in bright light. Software is upto date and when I got the phone I reset it before setting up. Also whenever I have my charger plugged in the whole UI slows to a crawl after about 10 minutes. Phone isn't hot or even warm for that matter. Apart from these two issues it's a great phone. Does anyone have any answers for these issues??

Thanks 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

Well, that was a waste of time 🙄

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately I'm not using your model of phone @Shamrock_Sean so I may not be able to re create the issues you speak of.

I wonder if it's possible that the screen is dimming when in Maps for a length of time to stop screen burn/ battery depletion.

Does the same happen when your display is set to natural mode ?

I would suggest to throughly check the apps preference settings and if necessary contact Samsung via your Samsung Members App to give feedback and perhaps the app developers too. ( Can't hurt to do so ! )

When a phone is on charge it's possible the phone may react differently due to it's status of charging. I've read similar posts before where this has been the case.

A Samsung Service Centre can help you by looking at the phone.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes