Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra WiFi calling issue

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 06:35 PM)
theKMK
Apprentice
Options
Hey. Since the latest update 2 days ago I've lost WiFi calling, it was fully enabled and working 100% before the update but now it doesn't. The status bar icon doesn't appear anymore. I live in a very poor signal area and rely on WiFi calling heavily. Anyone else with this issue?
18 REPLIES 18
Ramzinator
First Poster
Options
U should call your mobile provider to activate it, I called Vodafone and they activate it from their side and the icon came up in the down menus I have S21 ultra
0 Likes
Ahmk
First Poster
Options
How long did it take? I've spoke to Vodafone today regarding missing WiFi calling option on handset, I already WiFi calling activated on my account for previous phone
0 Likes
Ramzinator
First Poster
Options
I set it up while I was on the phone with them, the icon should have appeared in the drop down menu on the top of the phone
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Go to your phone dialler pad > Menu (3 dots top right) > Settings > Wi-Fi calling... check that it is enabled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
optmusprime
First Poster
Options

thanks. what you suggested worked for me. 

0 Likes
Madsumo
First Poster
Options
I now have similar problem on my S21 5G Ultra. Mine is enabled but regularly switches off and then within a minute, back on. This repeats every 5 or so minutes up to every hour or two. As I write this, it has switched itself off again.

My wife has the S21FE 5G and does not have any problems.

We have 300MB internet with Mesh WiFi and so not a standard WiFi problem.

I Never had a problem with my S10+.

I do not believe it is a network provider issue as too many people are having the same problem across all the networks.

Does anyone have any idea on how this could be fixed?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

New head ache for me, i had to factory reset phone as Android 12 is flaky

now Wifi Calling option missing, called up Vodafone and had it reactivated

Only problem is it doesnt work properly.  When Wifi calling is enabled and in Wifi area its fine make and receive calls. 

If i step out of my house and have no wifi , i cant make or recieve calls. unless i manually disconnect wifi calling

Vodafone Escalating the issue but have to wait 3 days before they get back to me, i dont live in a particularly good reception area so rely on wifi calling

Thanks Samsung and Vodafone, dont know who is at fault my guess Samsung as it worked fine on Android 11, but i could be wrong

0 Likes
KodredCud
Student
Options

Have had this issue since getting my phone December of '21 so I followed your steps (couldn't do Step 1 since the option to do so was greyed out) and it fixed my issue! I no longer have to wait several minutes while the phone attempts to dial! Thank you so much. I have no idea how you figured out that this was the solution, but by the grace of god I can actually call and text in a building now. Thank you good sir or madam.

0 Likes
KodredCud
Student
Options

I create this "community" account just to reply to your comment. You are a hero and a scholar.

0 Likes