Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra UHQ Upscaler

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 01:22 PM)
LiamBrown
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, looking for some help.

I have been looking through the sound settings on my S21 Ultra and although I am actually quite impressed with the sound I have noticed that the option for the UHQ upscaler is greyed out and I can't see how to turn it on. Through searching I have found that popular opinion seems to be it only becomes active when headphones are connected, is this the case? If so, is this option not possible with a Bluetooth connection, ie for the Buds Pro?

17 REPLIES 17
Atones
First Poster
Options

I have a USB-C dongle, brand new Google brand, plugged into older Bose QC 35 II headphones and Galaxy s22....it made a huge improvement over using them wireless!  I had the s22 equalizer set to Rock and Dolby Atmos and UHQ upscaler on.  UHQ upscaler had the least effect of the 3, but was still noticeable.  I don't have any usb-c headphones for comparison, just the dongle.  I had an older dongle unk brand but it wasn't quite as good.

FYI, on my Samsung UI I go to settings/sound and vibration/sound quality and effects...this opens a window with all 3 options (upscaler, equalizer, dolby atmos)

0 Likes
Members_VHfME1A
First Poster
Options

Can you tell me the the exact name of the google product?

I tried samsung ee-uc10juwegww, but uhq upscaler is still not available...

I have sennheiser hd 212 pro headphones.

0 Likes
Members_VHfME1A
First Poster
Options

(And i have samsung s21 fe 5g phone)

0 Likes
Bikash3
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. It's not working thru USB-C to 3.5mm connector. Can someone help!

0 Likes
chickennuggets
First Poster
Options
There is a port for headphones.
0 Likes
jord94
First Poster
Options
S23plus greyed out when using the fiio k3 with wired headphones. This never happened before one ui update
0 Likes
jord94
First Poster
Options
Strange when I click on sound quality and effects the option is still greyed out but the fiio k3 changes to green light indicating uhq is in fact on
0 Likes
jord94
First Poster
Options
This goes off after a few minutes to the blue light which is uhq off essentially
0 Likes