Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra scrolling jitter

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 03:48 AM)
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
Has anyone noticed bad jittering whilst scrolling on s21 ultra ? When I go to settings and switch to standard motion smoothness then go back to adaptive it seems to work better for few moments then it's back to very Jumpy scroll. 
#motionsmoothnes
8 REPLIES 8
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can't say I've seen this on my device. I do notice however that unlocking straight from the screen off, my phone fails to run adaptive 120hz sometimes and is only resolved by a screen off and on again.
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
Now you mentioned this I think I see the same. Seems much smoother after second unlock. Scrolling issue persist for me though. Happens randomly but often enough to be a nuisance.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I notice chrome scrolling does this, so I play around switching windows and apps and it resolves it. I think it's just a lot of software bugs and I'm guessing Samsung will need more time to iron out a lot of these teething problems.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Mine did it using net app but the old cure all of clearing samsung internet app cache did the job
G G
0 Likes
QuintinCoetzee
Student
Options

Yup, I'm experiencing exactly this issue on my S22+. I noticed it this morning when scrolling up slowly in Google News. The text and images stutter so obviously. It's really disappointing to see from such an expensive phone.

Not sure if it's an adaptive refresh rate thing or a touch sensitivity thing, but they need to fix this soon in an update. I set my phone to 60hz (turned off adaptive) and the stuttering still occurs. This is interesting to note. Even at 60hz, the jerkiness is still there.

To anyone else who has this, please do what I did and go into your Samsung Members app, click "Support" bottom right, scroll down, and under the Send feedback heading, click "Error report".

You can even attach a screen recording of the issue taking place like I did. That will really show them what's going on.

0 Likes
Leeper1
First Poster
Options

I fixed this by disabling the data saver

0 Likes
cibu1123
First Poster
Options

hello bro, i have the same problem on my S21, if you found the solution, can you tell me too?

0 Likes
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
Hi. Have not found a solution. I think this has stopped by itself some time after I posted about it. I have managed to brake my S21 by now so now on S22Ultra
0 Likes