Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 07:51 PM)
JAA93
Apprentice
Options
S21 Ultra, 3 weeks old, restarted around 5 times today. Has anyone else had a similar issue please? Any ideas of what may be the issue?

32 REPLIES 32
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
Hi, no i am in the UK. Sending it back via post first time took 7 days from sending to return. The door step repair booking was 7 days in advanced however the repair took 2 hours
0 Likes
FFosdick
First Poster
Options

I'm in the US.  I got an S21 Ultra soon after they came out, about six weeks ago (end of January).

After about 3 weeks, mine started resetting, and the condition got worse and worse.  In addition, it would sometimes claim that different programs were the causes of the crashes.  Resetting all settings (but not a factory reset because I didn't want to wipe my programs) would often fix the problem for a few days... or sometimes a few hours.  Then it would crop up again, with different message blaming different programs.

My take is that something is flaky in memory, and different programs load in different order, depending on what I've done since the last reset.

Mine was purchased from an AT&T Store.  I was so annoyed that I took it in, but they told me that I would have to go through warranty service.  They wouldn't take it back since I'd had it more than 2 weeks (free return period).  I told them I was tempted to hit it with a hammer and use the insurance, and pay the deductible.  But, in the end, I called, got referred to Samsung, and they authorized a replacement without much hassle.  It came with a pre-addressed mailer.

My original phone was having a good day, so I used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer over the programs, erased my settings, and swapped the SIM.  On the fifth day now, without any problems.  

I suspect either a firmware issue or a flaky memory.

PS... am in the US.

0 Likes
JAA93
Apprentice
Options
How did you arrange the repair?
0 Likes
FFosdick
First Poster
Options

Well, I went to the AT&T store, as mentioned above.  They told me I could call AT&T help number 611, but more likely I'd have to go talk with Samsung since it was within the year warranty.  They gave me a Samsung 800 number, probably the standard number for warranty requests.

I went home and called 611, and to my surprise, the rep was very helpful and supportive, which was his job.  He couldn't do anything for me on his own, but he called someone at Samsung, made sure we were connected, and then exited the conversation.  I told the Samsung rep what the phone was doing, and she said they'd send a replacement with a return label, and that I had to send my original back with in 10 days, or else they'd charge me for the new one.

The new one worked, and I sent the old one back the next day.

0 Likes
JAA93
Apprentice
Options
How did you get doorstep repair?
0 Likes
Jenny W
Explorer
Options

I got mine at the end of Jan as well. Send it back to Samsung for fix last month, they said nothing wrong. Resend it back today, they said probably they will send me a replacement.but the repair team needs to check it first

0 Likes
Mika91
Student
Options

I had the same issue I'm still having this issue I even sent it in to Samsung care. My phone is only a month old. 

0 Likes
Mika91
Student
Options

I sent my phone twice to Samsung care. Am still having the same issue!

0 Likes
Sjain316
First Poster
Options

Did you ever vet thsi fixed? My phone does all the time, S21+

0 Likes
Merv1
First Poster
Options

I've had my S21 Ultra for just over a week now and been having a similar issue. It keeps restarting 1-2 times a day and it started a few days after I first turned it on. I checked that the auto-restart setting is off. The top left side of the phone also gets a bit hot during normal usage. I contacted Vodafone as it was an upgrade and they are sending me a new one.

0 Likes