Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE mobile data issue

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 10:18 PM)
Xaskas
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Since the May security update, my S21 FE has been unable to use mobile data from SIM1.

To clarify, i use both SIM card slots on my phone, and the mobile data works fine on SIM2

I have tried:

Restarting the phone

Turning airplane mode on and off

Changing the mobile data from SIM1 to SIM2 and back

There's no problem with the SIM or the network, since when i put it in my S9 the data works fine. 

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Xaskas
Apprentice
Options

I actually stumbled into the solution myself. I checked my provider's  settings for the network and then went to compare them with my phone's. Apparently the newest update removes the "default" type from the "APN type" setting on the network settings, causing the data connection not to work!

All i had to do was type "default" back into the APN types for the network.

Very strange and random, probably a bug that slipped through the update.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Doodle1
Pioneer
Options
Try resetting network in general management read notes...also check google play store for carrier services update regularly too...
Xaskas
Apprentice
Options

Tried resetting network, didn't do anything, same problem remains. Carrier services is up to date

0 Likes
scorpion79
Student
Options

I have the excact same problem with my S21Fe after the latest update i have no data connection! Tried restarting or changing sim 1 to sim but no luck!!

0 Likes
scorpion79
Student
Options

Solution provited by my provider- operator

New network settings given and all back now. Call your provider first before doing anything else!!

Solution
Xaskas
Apprentice
Options

I actually stumbled into the solution myself. I checked my provider's  settings for the network and then went to compare them with my phone's. Apparently the newest update removes the "default" type from the "APN type" setting on the network settings, causing the data connection not to work!

All i had to do was type "default" back into the APN types for the network.

Very strange and random, probably a bug that slipped through the update.

0 Likes
Kelvin_Somba
Student
Options

I had the same issue too but when i shutdown my phone, removed simcards and re-inserted them, everything is okay now.

0 Likes
sRajiv
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased s21fe, even I have similar issue with connectivity, Inserted  Vodafone sim in sim1 slot have enabled dataroaming and all default setting is done but the mobile dont connect to internet and call quality is too bad,  there is serious network connectivity issue with s21fe , the vodafone sim works normal on my other devices and I have not observed any issues but with s21fe there are problems. did all the troubleshooting steps mentioned but still I face mobile data and network issue

0 Likes
Devendra
Student
Options

I am facing the same issue. The VI sim works normal on my other devices and I have not observed any issues but with this S21 FE there are problems.

When inserting the VI sim, the battery is draining fast also there is not showing any network.

So, I went to VI center and exchanged the sim card with a new one but that is also not working in this Samsung galaxy S21 FE but the same sim card is working fine in other devices.

Even I also did all the troubleshooting steps mentioned like network reset, safe mode, aeroplane mode, and at the end I did factory reset but still I am facing the same issue. My VI sim card is not at all working in this device. I have purchased this phone just 2 weeks ago.

Can someone please provide me any genuine solution?

0 Likes
Toby9
First Poster
Options

Since the May security update, my Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is unable to use mobile data from SIM1, while SIM2 works fine. I've attempted basic troubleshooting such as restarting the phone, toggling airplane mode, and switching data between SIM1 and SIM2. The SIM and network are not at fault, as they function well in another device. Suggestions include checking APN settings, verifying network mode, resetting network settings, ensuring the software is up to date, and contacting the carrier for potential issues with the recent update. If problems persist, a factory reset might be considered, but it's recommended to contact Samsung support for tailored assistance.

0 Likes