Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G - Exynos Battery Issues

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 06:29 PM)
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
My battery life has been shoddy at best since recieving the new S21, in all the reviews I've seen chat about amazing screen on time given the efficiency of the chipset. I'm not seeing this, the battery tanks when being used and the phone gets hot with simple tasks like browsing. Twice a day charges are needed to see me through a day, and it can't be trusted to last on standby overnight even with battery saver active.

Following Samsung's advice I let the phone finish it's optimisations, I've also slept or deep sleep a number of apps, disabled 5g and watched more "save battery videos" on YouTube than I'd care to admit 😀

Update 

The latest update on this from the Samsung social media team is thay I've been offered courier repair (minimum 5 days turnaround)or doorstep which is a (no pun intended) step in the right direction. 
unfortunately there's a question around data security, my only option is to factory reset my phone. the issue is that I lose access to my authentication apps (which are set up from phone to phone be sharing a qr code) and more importantly my online banking. without my "old phone" to authenticate the new login I'll need to find a cash machine to help get a code which is a bit risky given the apocalypse and all that. 

It's a shame that, as with buying a phone from a carrier, it's the customer that is inconvenienced due to faulty kit supplied 😔 I'd hoped that buying straight from Samsung I'd have avoided this
17 REPLIES 17
Gilani
Pioneer
Options
Yes always directly buy from Samsung.. In case of any issue they replace the device.. Simple and fast
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
well, except in this instance where they're trying to get me to reset the phone and pass it to an engineer...
0 Likes
Gilani
Pioneer
Options
I'm not sure what repair options they have... Will they change the main board? Or Battery? why don't they simply replace the phone?
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
can I ask when you first got the phone, did you ever use the sync from smartswitch to synchronise your previous contents ?

I had a similar issue... and comparing to some of the posted hours of SOT here.... mine was poor.

And then I factory reset last night. the difference is astounding!!
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
got it on the 28th Jan, I've tried everything I can think of. the overheating is another fun issue to deal with. the phone if turning into the gift that keeps giving
0 Likes
Petercat5
Navigator
Options
I'm in a similar position myself although other than the none too heroic battery life there's nothing much wrong with my 21 ultra which like yourself I purchased from Samsung. For the life of me I can't recall all my online banking details and of course I lost the biometric (finger print) option I'd set up to access my bank account. Anyway back to your situation. I'm pretty sure that there's a clause in buying things online sight unseen that gives you a statutory fourteen day return policy. I believe that rule applies to any and everything bought by distance sales. I'm also quite sure that do not need to be returning a faulty product etc you can still send it back regardless. For the simple reason that you don't like it and no longer want it. I'm not sure if you have gone over the 14 day time limit or not.... Check out what I've just said just in case.. Toodle Pip.
Colshie
Navigator
Options
agreed distance selling protects you up to 14 days in the uk
Petercat5
Navigator
Options
I had a very brief look at the government website vi's a vi's online sales and on account of this Brexit business things may have changed. I will have to investigate further I think. But the fourteen days grace used to be the old rule I do know that.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
just so you know you have 28 days to return the phone with Samsung from date of delivery. If you inform them of your intention within this time period, you should have no problem returning/replacing it.