Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSSIBLE FIX for random freezes for s21 ultra? just trying to help. EDIT: helped a bit, but not fix

(Topic created on: 12-04-2023 07:02 PM)
sapphire5
Apprentice
Options

hello everyone. ive bought a new s21 ultra around 6 months ago, and ive been having trouble because of my s21 ultra freezing up from time to time since around 15 days of owning it. sometimes it happens in the middle of the night, but the likelihood increases when i'm heavily using my s21 ultra, i got it most when i'm filming a long video. but it can really happen anytime and anywhere, i dont know why. 

i've searched a lot in google and forums, people say they returned to samsung for warranty and stuff, possible damages are motherboard and battery (from what i read)

anyway, my s21 ultra's fully updated in play store, android webview updates are uninstalled at the moment.

possible solution: (worked for me for now, first time this s21 ultra's not acting up)

1.  security and privacy > app security > device protection 

2. the three dots on the upper right > device protection settings

3. turn off "auto scan apps daily" and "auto scan when installing apps"

after doing this, my cellphone hasnt crashed in 3 days. i tried to film a 9 minute video and there was no freeze/restart.(usually crashes at 5 minutes) can anyone try to help confirm if this works? hope you guys will find this helpful! :smiling-face:

edit: helped on my case, but found out later on that it didnt totally fix the problem (in short, the problem's still there)

9 REPLIES 9
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe you have a rogue app.

Or

Download app optimiser from Good quardians in Samsung store.

Also

Other option is wipe cache and repair apps sorts most stuff.

You could try the above if the issue comes back.
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Maybe it's the exact same problem many have had since the update, turning the once impressive phones into a pile of unreliable *****.
Web view is uninstalled because the phone demands it. Same here.
Same turns off during any attempt to do anything but look at it.
Tried factory reset and fresh install and just one bank app.
Still rubbish, yesterday calls decided this was it's day to crash constantly, making this a completely useless item now.
I am sick of it, it's a software issue that Samsung caused.
Yet not fixed.

I will try as probably the last fix I will ever try on my S21+ before destroying it and not buying Samsung again, their products have only been trouble.
Nobody should have to spend their lives trying to work round defective products Shitsung no longer care about. Buy the latest one, applies to all their short lived products.

1hr after trying this, phone crashed and restarted 3x on a loop
FjR513
Journeyman
Options
I do not have enough knowledge to sort out the issues on my phone. I really need a technician.
jucedslut
Apprentice
Options

Pretty much the same sh!t that happened with me. It's ridiculous. It's almost as if they nerfed older models especially whilst the S22 and S23 benefited greatly (users are posting about how it increased their speeds). For us S21(+/Ultra) "peasants" we are stuck with freezes, stutters, lags, and app crashes that WE HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE ON ONEUI5.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Egg1
Voyager
Options

Merry Christmas Samsung 

0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options

I have been very happy with my phone lately, it's powerful, can hotspot HD movies on my laptop AND play call of duty mobile at the same time in wifi 6 mode, medium graphics and 120FPS on full OLED HD+ screen.

It has worked seamlessly since day 1.

No more crashing...

My fix was to buy a RedMagic 8S pro. 

Leading Version of Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 | True Full AMOLED Screen | ICE 12.0 Cooling System | 6000mAh Battery with 65W Fast Charging

Quality and power that works at half the cost of a samshite equivalent.

Fits my needs, New version 9 out and even more impressive, with 8 becoming sold out and cheap. I got mine off Amazon for £660 next day it arrived and worked faultlessly since.

Good luck. 🌲

0 Likes
jucedslut
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the response brothaman. Appreciate ya 🙏

SamSUCK429
Explorer
Options

If it makes you feel any better it's just as bad with the S23 Ultra. 🤬

0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options

No, I feel bad for anybody that's paid twice as much as virtually the same tech and better performance from Redmagic, especially with the newest model out now ♥️.

Paying for the brand and falling into the new flagship upgrade a year that's just as bad as the ones before isn't my bag anymore. Can't name one of the many Samsung products owned over the years as reliable or value for money.

Thanks for the time.

I bought a second hand redmagic 8 pro with 16gb ram for less than half of the Samsung equivalent. On top of my 8S pro. Very little difference, can't praise them enough!

Samsung, no dorrar for you!

0 Likes