Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone lock message

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 06:24 PM)
seln
First Poster
Options
Screen showed a message saying it had been reported as lost or stolen and would be locked.  Gave the Samsung UK phone number.  Rang them and they said they would prevent it.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
Are you sure it isn't a scam, iv'e saw quite a few posts about people receiving that message recently 🤔
0 Likes
atej786
First Poster
Options
I rang Samsung in the morning as had exactly the same message. They advised that this was a global glitch that has been sent out to lots of phones and they're working hard to resolve the issue. They recommended changing the Samsung account password as a precaution and confirmed that the phones won't be locked
0 Likes
seln
First Poster
Options
They asked for me imei number
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
That happened to me last year when I had my S8+ and just advised me to change my account password, was a pain as I couldn't access some of my other apps without having to confirm my new password before I could open them,Microsoft One drive was the worse.
0 Likes
Options
NEVER CLICK A RANDOM LINK.

always do your own research, and go independent of any link.

Hope you get it sorted
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes