Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 05:51 PM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

156 REPLIES 156
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

I'm same everything works fine so it's configuring for three just XEU and issue with Samsung pay 🤦

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Do you get this on network initial set up ? What network are you with @Jaybee360 

CFB56168-9E34-4CDF-BAC6-31211ED78798.jpeg

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

I did get that once. If i deleted the E-SIM data when i reset the device.

I'm With EE. Physical Sim, not the E-SIM.

Does make me wonder if there's an issue/Glitch with EE or the service provider setup in general?

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Seems three and EE have the issues 

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

Looks that way.

Maybe it'll just eventually kick in at some point.

If it happened with phones in Italy and it got sorted. I'm sure it'll eventually get sorted here too

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options

Does this only happen on first initial set up of the phone so if you use say a Vodafone for phone set up then go back to your 3 sim then you'll be fine?

Jaybee360
Voyager
Options

I installed the Members app on the S21, just opened it for the first time and there's a popup at the bottom which says.

Notification

It may take more than a day to update your network service provider information. Samsung Members can be used normally once this information is updated.

So that looks like the issue then!

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

I’ve tried my wife’s o2 mobile sim as well same fault can’t connect give up now 

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options

Is it Samsung side? Maybe their servers are hit because everyone is activating Thier new s21s?

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

That’s what I’m hoping I had the same issue with the S20 ultra and i sent that back however that time I forgot to put my sim in ... not happy was so looking forward to this handset and bam all happy mobile day gone