Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New samsung s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 10:06 PM)
AlexUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone so ive recently upgraded my phone contract to a Samsung S21 Ultra but it seems to not be getting any newer software updates. My old s20 plus was getting security patches on a monthly basis

currently on 

security patch level: 1 May 2021 

Android 11

One UI 3.1

Can anyone advise please?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where did you get your phone from?
Is it a new phone?
Did you get it through a carrier?
If you go into Google Play
Tap on your profile top right.
Go into settings
Tap on about
Scroll to the bottom. Does it say this device is certified
It should be on the latest version now.

While you are in settings. Go into Account and Device Preferences
Should be set in the country you are in.

If not, here is some information about changing countries

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?p=changecountry&hl=en-GB&visit_id=6378038731451...
0 Likes
AlexUK
Apprentice
Options

It is a new phone i got it off Affordablemobiles.co.uk which is a partner of EE 

Device is Certified on google play

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try using Samsung Smart Switch PC version with the phone connected over USB. That can check for and apply updates but whatever method you use to update your phone it needs minimum 50% charge.
malk20426
Pathfinder
Options
The February security update isn't out yet. Should be soon.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe worth contacting the phone supplier and asking if they have any network settings they can send to your phone.
But as @antikythera has said. Connect to your computer and install the updates
0 Likes
Clevo
Pioneer
Options
@AlexUK Hi, I'm sorry to say, I also bought my S21 Ultra from Affordablemobiles.co.uk. After a massive mistake I then bought it direct from Samsung.co.uk

Affordablemobiles.co.uk
Source foreign devices on the cheap, then sell them in The UK. After my Samsung pay wouldn't work on my brand new 21 Ultra, I contacted Samsung directly and they Confirmed that it was a Greek Mobile. And they can't use Samsung Pay.
I got a refund from Affordablemobiles.co.uk and bought from Samsung.

The website should be shut down imo.

Sorry to bearer of bad news friend.

Good Luck!
0 Likes
AlexUK
Apprentice
Options
Is this bad news for updates if it Is a European model?Screenshot_20220214-171956_Settings_5914_1644859196.jpg
0 Likes
Clevo
Pioneer
Options
I would try find out which country your mobile is from and then work out if it will effect you in this country, Samsung Pay, Updates etc

Contact Samsung, or try googling BTU that might tell you where it's from.

Good Luck Alex, here if you need any more advise.
0 Likes
AlexUK
Apprentice
Options
I think BTU is actually United Kingdom which is correct for where I am.

I have spoken with Samsung help online chat and they advised that the phone will not update to latest update automatically and I will have to wait for the batch to be available in my region which is United Kingdom

So I just don't know what to do as its a contract phone I have 14 days that I can return it no charge but then if its after that il be locked into the contract with a phone that may never update.

Many thanks
0 Likes