Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My screen keeps reverting back to portrait since new update

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 12:41 PM)
Kelly
Journeyman
Options
Since the latest update when I watch Sky go or Netflix my phone will only work on landscape for 5 minutes then reverts back to portrait.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
descentered
Explorer
Options

So the solution was finally found and it works! Go to Settings->Apps->tap the three vertical dots on top right corner->special access->appear on top. And here disable all applications. It works and so far I have not experienced any issues with the Phone. It could be that the problem was caused by one application, but I disabled all. Please let know if it worked for you as well! Cheers

View solution in context

Solution
H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
So the solution was finally found and it works! Go to Settings->Apps->tap the three vertical dots on top right corner->special access->appear on top. And here disable all applications. It works and so far I have not experienced any issues with the Phone. It could be that the problem was caused by one application, but I disabled all. Please let know if it worked for you as well! Cheers

View solution in context

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Is auto rotate enabled ??
0 Likes
Kelly
Journeyman
Options
Yes. For sky go I have to enable it to watch it landscape.
0 Likes
Mike_87
Apprentice
Options

Mine does the same now after update, so annoying. I really don't want to have to factory reset as now the geniuses at Samsung have decided to not support memory cards anymore I will lose all my music and files etc. At least with a memory card you could put it all on there then take it out and factory reset then just pop the card back in. If this auto rotate fixes for you can you let me know on here and I will do the same for you?

Kelly
Journeyman
Options
I was on the phone to like you I don't want to do a full reset. The part reset doesn't work.
0 Likes
Mike_87
Apprentice
Options

This shouldn't be happening on a £1000+ phone. It's disgusting really

Mike_87
Apprentice
Options

I've had a few problems I've got a s21 ultra absolutely should have no problems with it for how !uch Samsung charge for the phone. Real let down. At least with 2 of us with this problem it seems like a software problem rather than the actual phone

0 Likes
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey everyone.

This is quite unusual behaviour that I haven't seen before. If you launch a video from the native video-player (for example, using My Files), does it revert back to portrait as well after "X" amount of minutes?

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
This isn't a fix but a work around, have you tried watching it in landscape and while in landscape pulling down the drop down menu and locking the orientation?? I know that doesnt fix it but could resolve it for now.
Kelly
Journeyman
Options
I did a factory reset in the end. I backed up everything then reset. Hours to restore but it fixed it.